Lyfts mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. We care deeply about the people we work with & the communities we serve. To create the worlds best transportation, we start with our own team by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for a hands-on manager who wants to revolutionize transportation by owning operations planning & execution for Lyft Bikes & Scooters in Jersey City.
The Operations Manager will develop & execute on launch plans, with a constant eye on service quality & overall operational excellence. As an Operations Manager, you will report to the Market Manager for Jersey City & work together to shape the vision & execution for the Lyft Bikes & Scooters rollout in Jersey City, as well as contribute to success & learnings in additional markets, through the contribution to playbooks, organization capabilities & advising with on-the-ground execution. This role is primarily located at the Lyft Bikes & Scooters HQ in New York but frequent travel to New Jersey will be necessary.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Plan the launch & day-to-day operational strategy for Lyfts scooter offering in Jersey City
- Work closely with the operating company, providing training & SOPs on scooter maintenance & charging as well as deployment requirements
- Monitor KPIs & SLAs closely, working with the operating company to ensure targets for scooters are met
- Attend meetings with city officials when necessary
- Work closely with the operating company to ensure SLA targets for Citi Bike in Jersey City are met or exceeded
- Support system planning & station deployment / relocation efforts in Jersey City
- Create playbooks, metrics & contingency plans to govern day-to-day operations
- Synthesize market feedback & recommendations for HQ business, product & engineering teams
- Liaise with our public relations & government relations teams to address market-specific issues surrounding launch
- Build, maintain & monitor reports, dashboards, & metrics to evaluate performance
Experience & Skills:
- 4+ years of operations or strategy experience
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a get-it-done attitude
- Experience building from scratch, scaling an organization & managing people
- Experience managing contracts & vendor relationships
- Experience managing & working with team-members possessing a wide variety of skills & roles
- Quantitative by nature & obsessed with process improvement
- Experience working cross-functionally across large organizations
- Role is based in Jersey City but travel possible to support launches in other markets
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.