What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
Were a team of builders & strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity & offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, & every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, & we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team!
About Your Team
As a Data Engineer your responsibilities will be focused on the creation, maintenance, & scalability of all data sources that BlockFi currently has, or will have in the future. You will be expected to not only meet your direct day to day responsibilities detailed below, but also assist with helping to shape the future of the tech stack within the BlockFi Data Warehouse department. This role provides the opportunity to get in on the ground floor of BlockFi's Data Warehouse department.
- Assist the Engineering team in the maintenance of current databases & warehouses, while seeking opportunities to improve efficiency, automation & performance.
- Own the end to end process of onboarding, integrating, scaling, & maintaining all external & internal data flows into the Data Warehouse.
- Secure data & work closely with Compliance, Legal, & Security for GDPR & PII data governance
- Work closely with internal BlockFi groups & users to optimize queries, access & provide custom solutions
- Work closely with devops to scale, troubleshoot issues & maintain the data warehouse infrastructure
- Help own the BlockFi Data Warehouse code base. Take the existing tech stack, & prepare it to be capable of being performant during exponential growth
- Create & maintain documentation on key internal data processes that helps to enable the team to train new team members, detail existing obscure data pipelines, & lay the foundation for automation
- Provide guidance to the organization surrounding how current processes, & changes to those processes will effect BlockFi Data Warehouse in the short & long term
- Be a self starter that finds opportunities for development & can deliver solutions with minimal oversight
- Recognize that no job is too small & egos must not delay deliverables
- Display intellectual curiosity & seek opportunities for personal & professional improvement
- SQL (Advanced)
- 7+ years of professional experience with 3+ years of experience of PostgreSQL administration with medium to large databases & an emphasis on performance tuning & production scaling within the context of Linux/AWS
- Data warehousing & building ETL pipelines
- AWS & Amazon Redshift
- Relational & Dimensional Data Modeling
- Experience building scalable systems from the ground up, to account for exponential growth of underlying data
- Excellent problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently without need for constant oversight
- Strong communication skills & high attention to detail
- Adaptable to various environments & sudden changes
- Ability to embrace new technology, applications & solutions
- Desire to often work with people as well as be a self-motivated team player
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience & expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health & well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, & Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team & we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial & driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), & the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, & our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, & as we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments & Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand