Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities & public spaces, with products that bridge the digital & physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information & content to enrich our everyday journeys & elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, & maintain unique products & experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, & consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting & travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents & visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods & districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the role?
As an Associate Marketing Manager, you will help shape the way we present our products & position our presence in New Jersey, New York, Philadelphia & Boston. You will work directly with the Senior Marketing Manager & Regional Marketing Director & play a role in developing & improving marketing strategy to drive results & enable efficient processes. In this role, you will lead cross-functional efforts across sales, visual design, & product.
This role will be based out of either the Philadelphia or New York offices.
In the first three months, you will:
- Serve as point person for RFPs, offering strategic & creative insights as well as day-to-day project management to meet deliverables
- Lead creation of sales & marketing materials, special offers & collateral on a national & local basis
- Directly manage a Designer & local Photographer(s)
- Work closely with Senior Marketing Manager & others to collaborate on revenue driving projects & support the East Coast sales teams
- Craft compelling visual concepts alongside the Design team to bring creative concepts to life for prospective & existing clients
Within the first year, you will:
- Work with local sales managers to align marketing strategy with sales needs, working with sales teams to ensure marketing tactics are serving broader sales needs & initiatives
- Work closely with Marketing Managers in each office to share best practices & resources & collaborate on major projects
- Have a strong understanding of our products, customer needs & pain points
- Shape photography strategy with the photography team to demonstrate value to advertisers & clients, problem-solving to help this team meet photography deadlines
- Develop in-depth knowledge of competitive advantages against other media & competitors & position Intersection accordingly in all materials
- Proactively recommend & execute new approaches to drive client revenue & meet revenue goals
- Seek out & develop metrics & KPIs to measure marketing effectiveness
- Able to independently form cross-team discussions & to direct deliverables, deadlines, & handoffs effectively
- Take calculated risks in problem solving to develop creative solutions
- Understand how individual & company wide decisions impact cities
You are awesome for this role because:
- Of your broad Marketing experience & skill set with a focus on results
- You ask questions & speak up to support integrity in all decisions
- You are highly creative, with excellent writing, organization, & execution skills
- Of your passion for storytelling through the use of data & research
- Your record of getting things done -- someone who will roll up their sleeves & plow through obstacles to meet deliverables & follow through on promises
- You have 3-5 years of relevant Sales Marketing experience
- Your media, startup, and/or tech industry experience a plus
- Your deep understanding of the New Jersey region is a plus
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique & every perspective that makes us grow. Its our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products & offerings impact cities across the world & its our goal to represent the diversity & differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, & veteran status.