? To create the finance solution that energizes SMEs & freelancers, so they can achieve more. We simplify everything from everyday banking & financing, to bookkeeping & spend management. A Qonto, we are passionate about creating the best product, one with a strong impact & a great user experience. So, if you're looking for an ambitious team that's modernizing a dusty industry thanks to design & technology combined with great customer care, get in touch! Find out more about the Qonto Way here
launched Qonto in July 2017, & the team has achieved great things since then:
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe
- 220,000 SME clients
- €622 million raised so far with a €4.4 billion valuation after Series D
- International investors including Valar, Alven, Tencent, DST Global, Tiger Global, TCV, Alkeon, Eurazeo, KKR, Insight Partners
- 4 offices in Paris, Berlin, Milan, & Barcelona
- And 500+ happy Qontoers building a finance solution businesses love to use
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges. No matter what
- Teamwork | We create momentum by working together, at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning. We face challenges with humility. Every day
- Integrity | We're open. We're honest. And we earn the trust of our clients & each other
As Public Affairs Principal, you will be in charge of elaborating the public affairs strategy of Qonto in close relationship with the Risk & Compliance, Marketing & Comms teams, & the VP Legal (all based in Paris headquarters).
Your mission will be to:
• Educate the regulators & positively shape the public policy environment in which we operate not only in France but also in the EU by anticipating any future laws & regulations which would impact Qonto negatively,
• Increase Qonto's visibility, influence, & impact in the public sphere,
• Help gather the ecosystem into a task force & group of actors able to speak with one voice & capable of facing up to traditional actors.
As a Public Affairs Principal at Qonto, you will
• Represent Qonto's interest in institutional & governmental meetings (Parliament, Ministries, other political instances, & elected officials), professional associations & federations, supervisory authorities (BCE, ACPR, European banking regulators, but also Competition Authority, CNIL), & Represent Qonto in public policy discussions, events, associations, & industry meetings;
• Participate in banking & fintech associations (European Fintech Association, European Tech Alliance, etc.) to make the voice of Qonto at the European level & develop deep relationships with key industry leaders & policymakers in France & Europe;
• Perform a business-oriented legal & regulatory watch focusing on Qonto's key business challenges & anticipate changes in the legislative, regulatory, policy, & political environments, & monitor future laws & regulations with a strong impact on Qonto's business & objectives;
• Assist & support the VP of Risk & Compliance in the setting up, organization, & preparation of meetings with the European banking regulators (drafting of notes) & assist & support the Global Marketing & Comms Director in the development of key external messages & wording;
All the above by managing public affairs agency support & ensuring compliance with all lobbying requirements.
What you can expect
• Work in a transversal role with different internal & external stakeholders (Strategy, Founders, Regulatory actors..)
• Contribute to the visibility & influence of Qonto helping position us as The European leader in our 4 markets
• Be the referent on prudential's topics
• Experience: Approximately 5+ years experience in public affairs, government relations, or public policy, focused on FinTech, banking, payments, e-commerce, or tech. Proven experience working closely with senior leaders on political & public policy issues. You are used to establishing contacts in the political community.
• Mastery: Strong understanding & practical experience of the French & European Union's policymaking & legislative process - & Italy's, Spain's, & German's too. You are a self-starter; You are able to justify conclusions that you reach to stakeholders.
• Languages: Strong verbal & written communicator in both English & French, with a proven ability to translate complex & technical issues into clear & persuasive policy-focused messages. Italian, Spanish or German is a plus.
• Team player: You are able to work well with individuals across diverse teams & cultures. You are able to collaborate & function well in a team environment.
• Analytical mind & rigorous: You have excellent organization & planning skills, with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Curious mindset: You are an intellectually curious, open-minded, adaptable, fast learner, & are excited by a dynamic startup environment. You are happy with working in a constantly evolving & unsettled technological & legal landscape. You want to have an impact & contribute actively to the business.