About the Role
We are looking for bright & kind individuals who are motivated by challenge & energized by growing, developing & inspiring people; are passionate about delivering quality to our Clients & are operationally-savvy. Operations Managers lead a team of 2-7 Supervisors & 30-250 hourly associates to achieve our goals & have fun doing it. In this role, you will own strategic planning & drive execution of department & building-wide initiatives to support our company goals.
We are looking for Managers in one of four functional areas:
- Outbound: As our largest team, they manage every aspect of the Client-bound shipping process including picking, hand folding, & shipping. As the last step in our fulfillment process, your team ensures we are delighting our customers with every Fix through the love & attention they give every detail inside & outside of the box.
- Receiving: Welcomes new inventory from our vendor partners. They receive, tag, categorize, & bin 100% of our new inventory. Your team also partners extensively with our merchandising department on things like billing to inventory counts. Your team is responsible for getting new clothes into active inventory so our Stylists can help our Clients find what they love.
- Returns: Our Clients keep only what they love so this team completes our Client checkout experience for the items kept & processes any returns so they can be styled for another fix. Your team is responsible to ensure all returned items are of highest quality before being placed back into inventory to delight another Client.
- Support: The Support team works hard behind the scenes to enable a successful operation overall. Your team will do everything from solve fulfillment issues, repair & restore inventory, & keep the equipment running smoothly. This team is also responsible for inventory control, processing timely Client exchanges, & running our onsite employee store.
Regardless of the Department, you will be an integral part of creating & nurturing our Stitch Fix culture -- promoting & living our values of Partnership, Integrity, Responsibility & Innovation every day. Most importantly, you are responsible for inspiring others to be their best selves while creating a fun, fulfilling, & safe place to work for everyone.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will...
- Run an effective operation with support from cross-functional partners while spending the majority of your time focusing on people management.
- Inspire, develop, & support your direct reports & their teams to generate our culture while achieving their goals
- Connect your team to our vision & bring focus & intention to delivering on projects & priorities on a departmental, building-wide, & network-level scale.
- Demonstrate agile leadership by leading through periods of ambiguity & fostering the same mindset within your team.
- Recruit, interview, & onboard new team members to build an exceptional team of bright & kind employees who are motivated by challenge & empower others to do the same as we continue to create our Stitch Fix team.
- Manage the labor planning needs for your team to meet weekly goals through accurate planning for current & future hiring needs.
- Develop great partnerships as you regularly seek, share & incorporate high-quality feedback to increase impact & drive development for you & your team.
- Model & champion innovation by encouraging your team to find ways to do things more effectively, ask client-centric questions, share their learnings with others, & work through challenges & obstacles.
- Review daily performance data & analyze for trends & opportunities. Make informed decisions & respond to changing operational needs effectively e.g. staffing & process changes.
Were excited about you because...
- You are Bright, Kind, & Motivated by Challenge & embody our values of Partnership, Integrity, Innovation, & Responsibility
- You are an exceptional people manager with 3+ years leading other people managers of large teams (30-250). Overall, you have 7+ years of people leadership experience
- You value doing whats right, not whats easy
- You enjoy thinking holistically & find ways to impact the broader organization
- You thrive in an environment where autonomy & responsibility are granted & are committed to providing the same for the teams you manage.
- You believe in the balance of art & science of our business -- a combination of beauty, wisdom, & data analytics that are better together
- You are energetic & ready to be on-the-go -- leading your team from the floor for 8 or more hours per day
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) or G Suite (Google Sheets, Docs, Slide) & love learning new systems
- You have a four-year degree or equivalent experience
You'll love working at Stitch Fix because we...
- Youll be an integral part of an organization that is on the cutting edge of changing the way people find what they love
- You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are redefining what it means to work in a warehouse -- & youll contribute to this!
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, trying new things, & having fun while we work
- We are a group of kind & bright people who are motivated by challenge & who truly believe in our business model
- We offer competitive salaries & Total Rewards packages
- We have free beverages & snacks every day & have a Party Crew onsite!
- Youll be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface on our opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.
We are an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who value & will support a friendly, team-oriented & drug free workplace. Applicants may be required to submit to a criminal background check & drug screen prior to commencing employment.