Exciting Opportunity to Help Make Global Trade Easier
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. We are a licensed freight forwarder & customs brokerage built around a modern technology stack. We help some of the world's fastest growing brands manage their international supply chains, providing a fully-managed service for moving products between any two places on the planet.
As a result of our global expansion, we're looking to hire someone into Program Management as part of our Data Services team. This role will work in a cross-functional environment, partnering closely with the customs organization, data services, the partners team & other teams across the company to achieve our shared goals. Youll get substantial leadership exposure, focus on the highest priority business issues, & be plugged into every facet of the business.
What youll do:
- Own end-to-end process architecture, data analysis, workflow-tool-creation, maintenance & KPIs management for a Data Services Line-of-Business, coordinating across BPO, COE & Flexport ops teams (ie Customs, SCOPs, etc).
- Design, audit & continuously improve data services SOPs for new process, applying Data Services methodology & playbook; Train the Data Services team on these processes
- Define & improve performance metrics (KPIs, SLAs) used to measure Data Services performance consistently across the globe
- Build & iterate (automated) dashboards & reports tracking BPO & internal teams process performance
- Continuously identify gaps & develop solutions focused on process standardization for both operations team & BPO providers
- Be the connection in our matrix reporting structure between the horizontal Trade, Finance & Freight organizations & vertical Data Services Centers of Excellence (COEs) & Business Process Outsourcers (BPO).
- Drive decomposition of complex processes into simpler components, helping reduce cost to serve & improve performance
- Closely partner with Makers to continuously drive automation of insourced scope
What youll need:
- Strong data analytics; SQL knowledge preferred
- Passion for process + tooling development
- Proven ability to design workflows & implement them at scale, including SOP creation, workflow tool creation, training & troubleshooting
- Ability to influence without official authority, particularly with senior stakeholders across the organization
- Thorough understanding of the organization, & of differences between our customs & supply chain operations in different regions
- Ability to multi-task & manage various project elements simultaneously;
- Ability to lead & direct the work of others;
- Proven ability to thrive in a multicultural environment, & deeply understand differences of doing business in different regions
- Strong influencing skills to impact the work of different departments
- A system & process oriented mindset;
- World class follow through skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, & organizational skills;
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it.See something broken? Fix it;
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.