Jopwell represents & advances careers for Black, Latinx, & Native American students & professionals. Jopwell partners with companies of all sizes & across all industries to connect our community members with meaningful job opportunities. We work with the world's leading employers including, Facebook, Google, Amazon, J.P. Morgan, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, Peloton, Pinterest, WeWork, Spotify, the PGA of America, USTA, & many others.
We are looking for a Coordinator to join our People & Culture team. Our people are key to achieving our mission of creating a greater workforce for all. We need to recruit, support, develop, & retain a high performing, highly engaged team. We are seeking candidates who are energized by creating environments where people feel seen & heard & can be their authentic selves while achieving both personal & professional goals.
The Coordinator reports to the Head of People & Culture & will work closely with our Recruiting lead. A true generalist, the Coordinator is responsible for the administration & operation of a range of people & culture functions. You will support recruitment, onboarding, learning & development, engagement, compliance, & operations, as well as key strategic initiatives. As you grow in your role, you will have the opportunity to specialize in & own key people functions.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, all roles are remote until further notice. Jopwell's headquarters are in NYC, though we are open to fully remote employees as well.
- Own the administration of People & Culture systems: performance, engagement, learning, etc.
- Assist the Recruiting lead with the facilitation of the recruiting process, including managing our applicant tracking system, scheduling interviews, & providing general recruitment support
- Support the onboarding of new hires & offboarding of separating employees
- Work closely with Jopwells Social Squad to coordinate meetings & drive internal events
- Help draft & disseminate an internal company-wide newsletter
- Manage the Careers & About Us pages of Jopwells website
- Partner with Jopwells external IT team to support technology needs
- Work closely with the People team & other business units to roll out strategic people initiatives & programs
Experience & Qualifications
- 1+ years experience in people/human resources, operations, program management, administrative, or similar work (including internship/volunteer experience)
- Commitment to Jopwells mission
- Strong curiosity & desire to learn
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal
- Keen attention to detail
- Highly organized
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive personnel information
- Proficiency with Google Suite/MS Office or other word processing, spreadsheet, & presentation software
- Comfort learning new software & technology
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Learn more about Jopwell:
Jopwell is currently a team of 59 full-time employees based in NYC. Weve secured $12M in venture funding since our inception in 2015, including investments from Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, Cue Ball Capital, Kapor Capital, Omidyar Network, & Magic Johnson Enterprises.
Weve also been featured extensively by both print & digital publications, including, amongst others Forbes, Inc Magazine, & NBC. Fast Company hailed us as one of the most innovative enterprise companies of 2017 & Entrepreneur included Jopwell on their list of the top 100 brilliant ideas of 2017. Forbes Magazine, LinkedIn, & Fast Company also distinguished our co-founders as 30 Under 30 award recipients.
Jopwell is an equal opportunity employer. Jopwell will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on any basis including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics & genetic information, or any other classification protected by federal, state & local laws.