Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
You will ...
- Plan, prepare, cook & style dishes for weekly menu photography, campaign hero shoots & video, delivering beautiful & appetizing food while maintaining culinary accuracy & fidelity to brand guidelines
- Partner with Senior Kitchen Manager to identify a shooting workflow which fosters productivity, efficiency & collaboration between cooking & styling ensuring timely execution of all shoot requirements
- Work closely with Kitchen & Studio Leads to plan & execute shooting schedule - ensuring shoots are assigned in a balanced fashion across the team, shot counts are met & daily workload is accurately documented & achieved
- Oversee team of direct reports across culinary & styling as well maintain stable of freelancers, proactively avoiding scheduling clashes & arranging coverage in the most cost-efficient manner possible, dedicating unscheduled time of the styling team to the kitchen when needed
- Work with Senior Kitchen Manager regarding ingredient list & assist in determining which foods & quantities are needed week over week working collaboratively to ensure efficient kitchen operations to minimize waste
- Assist with procuring non-SKU food items required; as well as communicate desired quality or look of food items needed for desired aesthetic look
- Share responsibility for care, upkeep & maintenance of kitchen space, studio space & equipment
- Ensure capture & reporting of detailed & regular financial management for shoot-related purchases
- Manage critically important creative & client-like relationships
- Concept & procure props as needed to enhance photography & presentation; organize & inventory kitchen items
- Ownership of prop budget, spending cadence across studio
- Proven accomplishment in culinary arts & styling with at least 8 years in the field
- Passionate about operational & production workflows, obsessively conceptualizing ways to work smarter & more efficiently without sacrificing quality
- Impeccable culinary technique able to move nimbly between different brand aesthetics based on guidelines
- Outstanding aesthetic judgement & knowledge of food properties & preparation related to styling
- Able to cook, style & select on-brand props with equal dedication to maintaining the highest of standards across the different disciplines
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills
- Attention to detail & ownership of final product
- A self-starter & efficient time manager
At a minimum, you have...
- Bachelors Degree in Culinary Arts or related Creative, Management or Operations degree preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in house as a chef, recipe developer, culinary producer, culinary management and/or lead stylist in restaurant, publishing or broadcast
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.