About the right team member:
You are a smart, self-managed mobile technologist who knows how to take an idea & turn it into something real in an interactive consumer-facing environment. You believe mobile apps are the future, & want to go above & beyond to make everyones pockets delightful & productive. You are frustrated with financial products & know you can build a better customer experience.
You possess the supernatural ability to be both technical & creative, while acting as a guiding light for what customers want/need (even if they dont know it yet). As the voice of the customer you can deliver a complex product that appears simple & intuitive to a non-technical audience.
You are a strong communicator, mobile advocate & educator, but most of all love working with a high-caliber team. Youll work with engineers & designers to define product release requirements, & with marketing to define go-to-market strategies.
At Betterment you will get to:
- Own & lead all aspects of the mobile product lifecycle & user experience.
- Create a mobile roadmap with a future-looking vision, & communicate that across the product team & company.
- Build mobile-specific features utilizing all the integrated tools, sensors, & apps available on the platform.
- Provide a framework for future mobile feature development.
- Partner with product design on a visual language & direction for mobile.
- Lead the QA process across our platforms.
- Develop a deep understanding of the competitive landscape through analysis, user research, & site testing.
- Develop mockup interaction designs, including user interaction models, wireframes, screen flows, & dialog copy.
- Analyze & present data & metrics to back up assumptions & feature concepts.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships & other opportunities.
You will be effective if you have:
- 2-4 years of product management experience in web-based or mobile businesses.
- 2+ years working in the mobile space on a complex platform.
- A track record of using customer insights to drive product innovation.
- Strong quantitative & analytical abilities with a passion for data-driven decision making.
- Experience in AB testing, funnel optimization, & all things relating to the growth of key product metrics.
- Demonstrated success at partnering, prioritizing & balancing needs cross-functionally.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & spoken.
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, & a love of feedback.
- Extra attention to detail.
- Ability to learn quickly.
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws.We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.