At Smart Design, the Engineering practice is tightly integrated with all of the design disciplines helping teams to identify opportunities for design to help people in their everyday lives. A primary focus of the engineering team is to discover & prove out opportunities for innovation early in the design process & to work collaboratively on solving the resulting technical challenges.
Senior Design Engineers also lead the engineering phases of projects & help mentor & provide guidance to junior engineers.
- 5+ years experience as a design engineer
- Experience collaborating with multidisciplinary teams, clients internal resources & manufacturing partners
- Experience solving problems in categories such as house wares, consumer products, healthcare & packaging
- Experience with parametric 3DCAD software (we use ProE & Solidworks - with surfacing experience)
- A love of teamwork
- Self-driven, but not shy about asking for help
- A passion for tinkering
- Prototyping chops (thrown together models for quick & dirty testing rather than appearance models)
- Great communication skills both verbally & electronically, & an ability to convey your passion in client presentations
- A desire to understand people & produce thoughtful products that make their lives better
Resumes submitted without a portfolio/project examples will NOT be considered.
Direct candidates only; NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS PLEASE.