As a member of our growing Data team, the Senior Data Warehouse Engineer will be a key senior team member responsible for enhancing the Enterprise Data Warehouse, building ETL pipelines using advanced SQL techniques, creating efficient & effective data models on Snowflake & enforcing data quality through alerting & monitoring. Collaborating with other Data team members & managers, you will develop an intimate knowledge of our databases & work with our data warehousing & Looker developers, & other stakeholders across the company.
Why youll love this role:
- Youll design & architect insightful, concise data modeling solutions using the Kimball & Wide Table (aka One Big Table [OBT]) modeling methodologies
- Working with a variety of stakeholders, you will enhance the data warehouse by writing SQL that transforms business logic & reporting needs into highly effective data assets
- Youll build alerting & monitoring solutions & develop processes & architectures that support strong data governance across the organization
- Youll work alongside data analysts & data scientists, investigating & answering strategic questions that will impact the product & marketing strategy
- Ultimately, your work will drive meaningful enhancements to the learning & teaching experience for students & teachers across the U.S. & help improve the future of K-12 education
Why youre a great fit:
- You have 5+ years of experience in building complex yet intuitive, reliable, & performant data models
- Your advanced SQL skillset includes Snowflake, MySQL, & Postgres
- Your SQL experience also includes running recursion, building nested & efficient hierarchies, & performing peer reviews
- You can effortlessly translate business use-cases into efficient & insightful data models
- You are proficient in data modeling design, including Kimball & Wide Tables
- You have a passion for data quality & have experience driving data quality improvements
Base compensation range: $125,000 - $175,000. Total compensation for this role also includes incentive stock options & benefits. This compensation range may be adjusted based on actual experience.
One of the fastest growing tech companies in K-12 education, Newsela was founded on the principle that while every child may have unique learning preferences, they all deserve a rich learning experience that ignites a love of learning. We built our platform based on learning science research to deliver the most engaging, authentic content to modernize how teaching happens in the classroom. Along with interactive assessments & tools, we provide teachers with digital content at five reading levels -- from +100 of the best sources -- that is relevant to the diverse backgrounds & interests of their students. Since we started in 2013, weve established a presence in 90% of U.S. K-12 schools & over 2.5M teachers & 37M students have registered with Newsela.
Why youll love working at Newsela:
Health & Wellness: Access to the worlds leading medical experts for healthcare (pets included!). Discounts & resources to stay healthy: mind, body, & soul
Work From Home: Almost all of our roles are fully remote - tech stipend included!
Supporting ALL Families: Supplemental programs & time off to take care of your family & yourself
Time Off: Flexible PTO to recharge, including Sabbatical Leave
Inclusive Experiences: Robust DEIB curriculum, Identity & Experience Groups (Affinity Groups + Employee Resource Group), Authentic & Transparent conversations with Executive Leadership Teams, & integration of DEIB lens across Talent lifecycle processes
Professional Development: Holistic Learning & Development Programs that enable meaningful & inclusive experiences, programs that build future-focused competencies, cohort & community learning sessions that foster a sense of belonging, & individual development plans aligned with your personal & professional aspirations to turn goals into reality.
Make A Difference: No matter your role or department, the work you do each day helps share the future of education & improves the lives of students & teachers.