We believe that we are better together, & at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, & experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel & together find the good out there.
Principal Technical Product Manager
Tripadvisor, the worlds largest travel site, inspires & empowers people to explore the world with confidence & share their trip experiences with others. As an e-commerce platform, we support credit card payments from customers & make payments to our suppliers. We need a Principal Technical Product Manager to define & own our FinTech strategy & product & guide us toward our long-term business & technical objectives. This role is based in Oxford.
As a Principal Technical Product Manager, you will set the strategy for our FinTech product & establish & execute a roadmap that advances us toward your vision while meeting the needs of multiple stakeholders across the company: Engineering, Finance, Trust & Safety & Legal. You will develop a complex & integral platform that is core to the Tripadvisor business while serving as a product evangelist & subject matter expert for internal & external teams.
Were looking for someone who is passionate about building platforms, deeply understands the complicated regulatory & commercial environment around payments, values simple interfaces for complex products & thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. This role is a leadership position within our Technical Product Management practice, & you will help define & shape the overall function. We have an ambitious & exciting roadmap for 2022 & beyond. This is a tremendous opportunity to have a significant impact on the business & continually innovate with a globally recognized leader in travel.
- Define & own the FinTech platform.
- Establish the long-term product roadmap to guide us toward our strategic business & technical objectives.
- Forge strong relationships with internal teams, including Engineering, Finance, Trust & Safety & Legal, & external partners, leveraging their offerings & expertise to increase the value of our platform.
- Uncover & understand business stakeholder needs, & translate them into product requirements.
- Develop business cases, including evaluating & recommending implementation options.
- Develop specs for engineering teams to implement. Collaborate with various engineering teams to ensure stakeholder requirements are fully understood & the product/feature is built per the specifications.
- Define & measure key success metrics, demonstrating improvements in critical areas such as customer conversion, reliability & (client team) velocity & understanding the impact of the final deliverables.
- Set prioritization, including managing the backlog.
- Serve as a product evangelist & subject matter expert across the company, providing technical guidance & knowledge transfer as needed.
- Facilitate the creation & maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Research, understand & follow technical trends in the industry. Assess emerging products & policies to measure their potential value or threat to the company & its products, & make recommendations for which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- 15+ years product management experience, of which 5+ years include technical product management for platforms at scale.
- Strong understanding of APIs & best practices for creating & sharing REST APIs; experience calling an API is desirable.
- Exceptional attention to detail, strategic thinking & stakeholder management.
- Affinity for simplifying complex regulatory & financial requirements into crisp, executable plans.
- Strong ability to rapidly identify, communicate & resolve technical issues with multiple engineering teams & business stakeholders.
- Tenacious with a strong sense of ownership, working quickly & effectively under pressure & time constraints with minimal guidance.
- Excellent communication, & comfort communicating at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent technical writing & documentation.
We strive to create an accessible & inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.