Founded in 2013, GIPHY is the first & largest GIF search engine where thousands of artists, brands, & pop culture moments make todays expression, entertainment, & info a little more moving. GIPHY allows users to not only search for their favorite GIFs but post, embed, share, create their own, & more.
GIPHY is integrated into thousands of platforms, including iMessage, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Tinder, Slack & WhatsApp. We serve over 7BN GIFs per day, seen by more than 500M daily active users who watch more than 11M hours of GIFs every day.
Were a creative & passionate group of GIF-obsessed individuals continuing to build out what we believe is the future of communication. We have big goals & are looking for talented people to join us.
GIPHY is a product-driven organization, & were looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the strategic vision for our mobile apps & drive initiatives to completion. As Product Manager for mobile apps, you will own GIPHYs flagship iOS & Android apps. At GIPHY, we run a lean ship with small teams, so your work will make an impact on the company every day. Youll collaborate closely with the most talented engineers, designers, & stakeholders to increase app downloads, boost retention, & build fun, innovative user experiences.
Our products are a direct reflection of our unique & fun culture, & we offer a creative environment composed of humble, funny, GIF-loving internet enthusiasts.
What Youll Do
- Build the best native mobile app experience that delivers value to GIPHYs users
- Define the product vision, competitive strategy, & roadmap for Mobile App products based on GIPHYs business objectives & maximizing value to our users
- Collaborate closely with engineers, designers, & stakeholders across the company to define & deliver mobile products in an AGILE environment
- Own roadmap prioritization & delivery including sprint scheduling, delivery timing, dependency management & release communication
- Develop new feature ideas & rapidly validate or disprove them, informed by user data, customer needs, business potential, & technical feasibility
- Evangelize the mobile vision, product, & team both internally & externally
Who You Are
- 3-5 years product management experience with end-user facing experiences
- Experience leading product teams & managing products through the entire development lifecycle: from high level strategic thinking to the nitty gritty project details
- Knowledge of user research, A/B testing, & other techniques to validate & inspire ideas
- Down for rapid iteration & experimentation: not afraid to fail fast & learn quickly
- Proven track record of launching great iOS & Android apps & deploying growth tactics
- Strong leader with the ability to build good relationships & trust with the product team, partners, & stakeholders
- Product management skills: extremely organized, good problem solver, strong communicator, positive attitude
- Understanding of Agile project management methodologies & processes
- Excellent oral & written communication skills, interacting with both engineering & business teams with the ability to lead via influence, patience, & determination
- Positive attitude, flexibility, & calm in the face of the changing priorities of a start-up
- Product experience in entertainment, communication, and/or advertising is a plus
This is a full time salaried position, including stock options, fully covered health insurance, 4% 401K match, 4 month maternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), 1 month paternity leave (additional 2 months of transition), free lunch every day, free gym membership & lots of other fun perks.