Technical Project Manager - Toll Free
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is seeking a Technical Project Manager to join the Phone Numbers Operations team. This role will serve as the subject matter expert for Toll Free numbers in North America. As a Technical Project Manager, you will analyze data across Operations & Product to help us optimize our toll free numbers for cost & quality.
Twilio is looking for someone who lives the Twilio Magic who also has
- A Bachelors degree & 5+ years of telecom experience working with toll free numbers (routing, monitoring, configuration).
- Deep understanding of 8MS/SOMOS, LERG, Interconnection Agreements & Vendor Contracts.
- Familiarity with the US Regulatory Landscape & Tariff Structures.
- Experience maintaining & optimizing toll-free routing templates in 8MS/SOMOS.
- The drive to work closely with multiple business units to optimize Toll Free management for customers, creating highly resilient & network redundant solutions.
- The ability to create compelling reports using tools such as Looker, Tableau, or a similar business intelligence tool. Extra points if you have experience with SQL.
- Experience conducting financial analysis.
- Expertise at prioritizing & executing multiple projects simultaneously & keeping others on track. Youre thorough & organized to the extreme.
- Deep project management skills. Must be able to effectively plan, organize & drive projects to completion, including cross-functional teams over whom you do not have direct authority.
- Experience learning & mastering every aspect of complicated processes & systems. You can apply the principles of operational excellence to optimize Twilios operational processes while improving quality, customer satisfaction, & productivity.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills - ability to build effective work relationships & influence stakeholders.
As a Technical Project Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic:
Be an Owner
- Update & maintain toll-free routing templates in 8MS/SOMOS or other comparable systems.
- Analyze Feature Group D, Direct Connect & off-net vendor variable cost components for potential toll-free routing changes & cost-savings initiatives.
- Investigate CDR data to ensure vendor fees are appropriate
- Update & maintain toll-free inventory & routing template data & other traffic components in systems
- Work closely with Carrier Migrations Operations to complete largescale toll free phone number migrations while ensuring 0 impact to Twilio customers.
Draw the Owl
- Investigate new, cost-effective ways to generate toll-free routing templates to drive down unit cost.
- Design dashboards for operational, financial, & system health metrics & service levels
As a Technical Project Manager, you will be an important member of Twilios Super Network, whose mission is to provide the infrastructure that catalogs, orchestrates, & delivers the world's connectivity. You will be the subject matter expert for Toll Free phone numbers at Twilio.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We invest in weeks dedicated to tackling hard problems & creating your own ideas. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.