Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking an passionate communicator to help drive the ongoing expansion of our regional communications function & amplify the Twilio story to a wide range of audiences from developers to the largest enterprises. The person in this role will join a growing global communications function, building thought leadership for Twilio, highlighting the astounding innovation being carried out by Twilios customers, & engaging audiences with compelling & relevant storylines. Reporting to the EMEA Communications Director, this position will play a pivotal role in supporting Twilios regional go to market strategy, & making Twilio as relevant in EMEA as it is in San Francisco.
Twilio is looking for a communications superstar who lives the Twilio Magic & has a proven track record in delivering programmes to engage & inform external audiences. They also have:
- 6+ years' technology comms experience, including working in an international communications environment; time spent in-house would be preferred
- Outstanding written skills, great verbal communication skills mixed with a real passion for communication & the value it can bring to an organisation
- Experience across media relations, social media, analyst relations & internal comms
- An understanding of the technology & business media landscape across EMEA
- The ability to think on their feet, & to digest information quickly to determine the appropriate way forward, breaking through technical jargon to deliver clear messaging
- Experience in building surveys, reports, blogs, press releases, messaging documents, social media posts, customer stories & other communications campaign content
- Experience with communications measurement tools & a passion for demonstrating the impact of communications programmes
- French or German language skills advantageous
Whether it is creating a thought leadership platform, amplifying a customer success story, collaborating with an industry partner or highlighting our latest product release, you will work with teams across the EMEA region & within the marketing organisation to drive programs that establish & build on Twilios relevance in key EMEA markets. No two days will be the same but you will be challenged to find the best ways to tell the Twilio story & highlight all that the company is doing to make its customers successful. Only when it is safe to do so, some travel may be required to Germany, France & the United States.
As an EMEA Communications Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Identify, train & prepare spokespeople to speak with the press, & educate Twilions in EMEA on social media best practice. Invest in others to enable Twilio to achieve its communications goals.
- BE BOLD: Identify new ways to effectively communicate Twilios messaging & try different approaches to drive awareness. Manage our regional agency partners to ensure that programmes are relevant, impactful & help Twilio achieve its goals.
- DRAW THE OWL: Our EMEA comms programme is at a stage of relative infancy; there are many opportunities to define how we will be successful & how we can support the regional business, but there are a lot of foundations that have yet to be put down. This is an opportunity to use your experience to define how comms can have an impact, & to determine what tools need to be built in order to do that.
- BE AN OWNER: Sweat the details to ensure that our communications programmes are as appropriate & impactful as they can be. Help Twilions in other functions understand the value of the outcomes that communications is driving & ensure that content is leveraged across the business. Be a partner to marketing & other functions to ensure that messaging is consistent across all touch points.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Ensure that the customer is the first consideration when evaluating strategy & content, to ensure messaging lands with maximum impact. Dont create programmes or content just for journalists or other influencers, consider how it will be perceived by the people we really want to reach & influence.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, & negotiating agreement terms.
Twilios communications focus has historically been driven out of the companys US headquarters in San Francisco. As the company expands its presence around the world, it is critical that we have folks in each region focused on the unique needs of those regions. The EMEA programme is becoming more established & this is an opportunity for someone to help accelerate its growth & ensure that it continues to evolve & support the EMEA team as it grows..
Driving awareness to a broad audience is a key element of Twilios marketing strategy & communications plays a pivotal role in that. Twilio has a dynamic & fast-paced culture, where continually innovating & creating new strategies for growing awareness is required. This is a small team but needs to be constantly punching above its weight & identifying new opportunities to take Twilios messaging to its audiences.
Twilio is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position can be located in London, Munich or Paris. Around the world, Twilio offers great benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status & operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.