Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
As the Associate Director, Real Estate you will have the opportunity to build a best-in-class real estate function from the ground up, & define the real estate strategy for a high-growth organization. Reporting to the SVP, Finance, in this role:
- Directly manage our national footprint of five fulfillment centers, a customer care center, two headquarters & multiple sales offices across the country
- Support operational & strategic real estate initiatives in close partnership with the business, including site selection & space planning. Prioritize across multiple projects, drawing on sound business judgment & an understanding of context & business goals.
- Manage relationships with landlords & outsourced real estate service providers to ensure compliance with agreements, adherence to policies & standards, optimal functioning of all building systems & maximization of cost savings opportunities.
- Monitor costs & expenses, prepare & propose budgets for lease commitments & office operations.
- An expert at project management, including planning, budgeting, cost estimating & management, design, contracts, construction oversight, facility commissioning, & reporting.
- A strong negotiator, with experience managing lease negotiations.
- Experienced in the commercial/industrial real estate market (experience with cold storage a strong plus).
- Able to travel as needed.
At a minimum you have...
- Bachelors degree in Business or Real Estate.
- At least 7 years of experience in real estate planning, consulting or related.
- Solid understanding of the relevant real estate markets & industry standards.
- Ability to interpret blueprints mechanical, electrical, plumbing & architectural.
- Excellent negotiation skills & thorough understanding of leasing & construction contracts.
- Strong communication & organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Snacks, cold brew on tap & monthly catered lunches
- Company sponsored outings & Employee Resource Groups
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because they are a protected veteran.