Project Franklin is a stealth-mode startup operating independently within Walmart's tech incubator, Store No 8. We are building technology in a fast-paced environment that has the potential to impact millions of lives.
We are a scrappy & entrepreneurial team with access to the resources of the world's largest retailer. We're building cutting edge technology from our lab in Greenpoint, NY & our journey has just begun.
Project Franklin's engineers are forward thinking & collaborative in nature. We are looking for team members with strong skills in their fields & an ability to turn on a dime to support the fast-paced nature of our business.
What Youll Do
- Design analog/digital circuits, simulate, prototype, debug & characterize embedded systems
- Own electrical product design from concept through to production
- Experience with SoCs, microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs, etc
- Perform lab measurements & factory tests as needed to validate designs & resolve any issues
- Occasional travel (domestic & international) to support product development & various stages in the manufacturing process
- BS/MS Degree Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience with consumer electronics, hardware architecture, board design, board bring up, & product NPI experience
- Experience with firmware development is a plus
- Understanding of wireless connectivity technologies (WiFi, BLE, Z-Wave, Zigbee, etc)
- Experience using troubleshooting tools (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, JTAG, etc)
- Experience & knowledge of printed circuit board technologies, such as rigid, flex, hybrid, HDI, etc.
- Competitive salary & equity
- Health, dental, & vision Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- A large, open workspace in NYCs Greenpoint neighborhood
- A kitchen full of fresh fruit & snacks