About the right team member
You love exceeding client expectations, have strong attention to detail, & know what it means to champion a brand. You are the voice of the company for clients, & relish providing them with that wow moment in an area where they havent previously been happy. You understand what its like to be a client & to go further to solve client problems. You are a strong communicator including phone, email, & in-person meetings. Organization comes naturally to you. You are entrepreneurial & can demonstrate quick thinking & creative problem-solving. You dream up ways to change & improve the way Americans save money for their retirement.
As the Senior Relationship Manager, youll be reporting into the Head of Sales for Betterment for Business & acting as the primary point of contact between Betterment & its defined contribution clients. In this player/coach role, you will act as team leader coaching & developing a group of world-class relationship managers who are critical to the success of our line of business. This is a new & growing team, with big ambitions to drive major change in the plan sponsor market.
At Betterment, youll get to:
- Lead & guide overall client on-boarding implementation plans to ensure 100% happiness.
- Strive for same day responses to inbound requests (not to exceed next business day) & be held accountable for efficient resolution & timely follow up.
- Lead by example with strategic & difficult relationship management situations & provide proactive & continuous coaching on the use of consultative questions to gain intimate customer knowledge of workflow integration, problem resolutions & ROI indicators & results.
- Work with the Head of Sales continually assesses the teams skill set & develop group & individual training programs to strengthen intellectual capital.
- High-performance time, relationship management & in the trenches coaching for the entire Relationship Management team
- Partner daily with various internal teams to collaborate on the resolution of complex customer problems & issues
- Build account plans to assist plan sponsor in achieving 100% plan participation rate & actively support these efforts.
- Act as a trusted dedicated member with your account representative to communicate changes in client business drives, key contacts, & client happiness indicators.
- Actively seek referral generation to assist the team in driving new client acquisition.
- Assist sales & product management teams in the development of client & industry profiles.
Youll be effective if you have:
- 10+ years of experience of relationship management overseeing Defined Contribution plans
- Previous experience managing or leading teams of Relationship Managers
- Exemplary organization ability & time management skills
- Premier client service, presentation & consultation account skills.
- Shown excellence in client retention, account share revenue growth, & high NPS scores
- Prior experience implementing & leading SLA servicing framework
- Strong written & verbal communication & presentation skills
- Proficiency in Salesforce, GSuite, Microsoft office
Betterment is the largest independent online financial advisor with more than $15 billion in assets under management. The service is designed to help increase customers long-term returns & lower taxes for retirement planning, building wealth, & other financial goals. Betterment takes advanced investment strategies & uses technology to deliver them to more than 380,000 customers across its three business lines: direct-to-consumer, Betterment for Advisors, & Betterment for Business. Learn more.
Come join us!
Were an equal opportunity employer & comply with all applicable federal, state, & local fair employment practices laws. We strictly prohibit & do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, gender (including gender nonconformity & status as a transgender or transsexual individual), sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, predisposing genetic characteristic, domestic violence victim status, arrest records, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state or local law.