Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Associate to join our Clinical Operations team in our New York City, New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As an Associate within our Insurance Operations team, you will be supporting our Utilization Management (UM) program. You will support UM operations for our Cigna + Oscar, Platform, & Commercial products, & will maintain ownership of & accountability for all workflows, tools & requirements to ensure operational success. You will drive the development of process improvements & facilitate cross-functional support where needed. In addition, you will play a large role in troubleshooting issues that arise by investigating the scope, cause, & scale of the problem.
In this role, you will be working closely with internal Oscar teams ranging from network, clinical, legal, & technical teams.
You will report into the Senior Manager of Utilization Management Strategy & Operations
- Identify, design, & implement changes & improvements to Utilization Management processes & workflows
- Partner with Product Management team to support design & build for system changes
- Develop & member & provider facing documents, such as letters
- Partner with external counterparts on program design & implementation for the platform Product
- Lead development & execution of operational monitoring
- Coordinate with other Oscar teams to ensure operational success
- 3+ years of work experience in health insurance, utilization management, and/or operations
- Experience in program management and/or design or implementation
- Experience coordinating with cross-functional teams and/or external partners/stakeholders
- Project Management certification
- Healthcare industry experience
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.