iCapital is looking for a tax professional to join its Fund Tax team. The Fund Tax team executes all tax filings & client communications regarding taxable fund activities. You will be responsible for all aspects of tax reporting for the Private Equity funds. The role reports to the Vice President, Fund Tax.
The role can be filled in NYC or Princeton, NJ.
- Coordinate & oversee the fund federal & state tax returns & extensions
- Coordinate & oversee investor schedule K-1 & tax estimate reporting
- Coordinate state composite return elections & tracking
- Manage the collection & distribution of tax information from underlying funds
- Assist in overseeing multiple third-party tax preparers in the review of the fund investment tax returns & preparation of K-1s
- Review of the following forms: 1065, 1120/1120-F, 1042/8804, 8821, 8865/5471, 8621, 1099s, etc.
- Review work papers for taxable income calculation & allocations
- Calculate foreign/state withholding
- Prepare wire payments or check requests for payments due to taxing authorities
- Respond to federal & state tax notices for the funds & coordinate any payment requests
- Mail the tax returns & extensions
- Stay up to date with new tax regulations & reach out to tax firms to determine if funds are affected
- Working knowledge of US FATCA & the Common Reporting Standard
- Reconcile & resolve source data discrepancies with third parties
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance. A CPA or Masters Degree in Tax is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience working in tax compliance/reporting
- Strong technical accounting & tax background
- Understanding of investment partnership (private equity & hedge)/hedge fund tax reporting & US tax structuring
- Motivated, detail oriented, & able to independently solve problems & manage several ongoing tasks
- Well-developed oral & written skills
- Proactive team player with a positive attitude