We are looking for a Staff Accountant, International Accounting to support our growing footprint around the world. This is a new position based in our headquarters in New York, NY. The successful candidate provides accounting & financial oversight for our international entities, & is primarily responsible for the completeness, accuracy, & timeliness of all financial reporting for multiple legal entities. This person will report to the Senior Manager, International Accounting & play a supporting role in partnership with Business Operations, Tax, Treasury, & Internal Audit. You must be a highly analytical, organized, & motivated individual with the desire to gain international leadership experience & champion the advancement of policies, structure, processes, & controls working in a dynamic & rapidly growing environment.
What you'll do:
- Assume responsibility for reporting monthly trial balances of all international entities. Review the mapping of monthly trial balances into Oracle to ensure accuracy & completeness.
- Prepare tax & fixed asset rollforwards to support monthly cash flow statement preparation.
- Prepare quarterly deliverables for Vimeos external reporting team in support of quarterly SEC filings.
- Prepare various account reconciliations & provide oversight on international entities to ensure adherence to US GAAP & Vimeo corporate policies.
- Provide income statement & balance sheet variance analyses related to the monthly accounting close, management review, & Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements.
- Develop streamlined & controlled processes to record & analyze monthly financial statements from international subsidiaries utilizing Oracle ERP, FCCS & EPBCS tools.
- Assist with interim review & year end audit requests from internal & external auditors on matters related to international accounting & reporting as well as assist with international regulatory compliance.
- International Financial Operations
- Partner with Tax & Treasury team in reviewing & booking transfer pricing journal entries.
- Reconcile intercompany balances & ensure intercompany agreement terms & settlements are paid accurately & timely.
- Collaborate with Tax & Treasury teams to meet day-to-day operational duties.
- Assist the Tax team with annual tax preparation packages acting as the key liaison with international tax reporting advisors.
Skills & knowledge you should posses:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in public accounting or a fast-growing company; experience working at a publicly traded company preferred
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required; CPA preferred
- U.S. GAAP experience required, IFRS experience a plus
- Experience with general ledger function & the month-end close process, including account reconciliations & analyses
- The ability to work independently & follow tasks through to completion & meet commitments, proactively, seeking guidance as necessary.
- Ability to analyze financial statements/schedules & write commentary to explain results/variances in a concise & clear manner
- Strong organizational & time-management skills, with excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical & creative problem-solving skills, ability to link information together & translate concepts into next steps & ideas.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Commitment to continuous improvement focusing on streamlining & automating processes, driving change where necessary
- Ability to effectively work across teams & levels, both within the accounting function, & across functions, including tax, legal, operations & senior leadership
- Must be adaptable, able to multi-task & take on additional responsibilities as necessary while meeting strict deadlines
- Possesses energy, enthusiasm to drive results, action oriented
- Unwavering commitment to confidentiality & data protection.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel (Advanced, Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPs, Conditional formulas)
- Experience with Oracle cloud ERP/FCCS/EPBCS & Blackline a plus
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
Vimeo (NASDAQ: VMEO) is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 230 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs