Simon Data was founded in 2015 by a team of successful serial entrepreneurs. We are an enterprise customer data platform that empowers marketers to create personalized data-driven experiences for the customers. Were scrappy problem solvers who believe in tackling big challenges with disruptive thinking & giving our customers the support they need to deliver great next-generation experiences at scale.
Simon Data is a data-first customer experience orchestration platform, designed to disrupt the marketing technology & marketing cloud category. Simons platform empowers businesses to use enterprise-scale data & machine learning to power customer communications across every channel. Our unique approach allows brands to develop one-to-one relationships with their customers without building a bespoke in-house data infrastructure.
At Simon, we firmly believe that business success starts & ends with people. We all do our best work when we are surrounded by other friendly top performers who want to succeed together. This attitude is core to our values. When you trust your team, invest in their development, & give them ownership, great things happen.
Do you get excited about solving complex scaling challenges in a distributed system? Our infrastructure team is looking for a software engineer to do just that.
The infrastructure team at Simon sits right in the middle of where our massive, complex data meets with our feature-rich orchestration & business rules. As a successful engineer in this role, youll draw upon your years of experience with instrumentation & performance tuning to help improve both the efficiency of data processing pipelines as well as helping meet latency requirements.
We are on the cutting edge of a rapidly developing market segment, & need team members with a pragmatic eye for performance engineering & design at scale. Working at a rapidly growing company with numerous very large & successful enterprise clients, youll have the opportunity to rapidly iterate on solutions for massive scale problems typically only available at slow moving incumbents. As our client base continues to evolve, your solutions will as well.
Youll be joining a team of engineers who care deeply about their work & each other. We value learning, respect & empathy, ownership, collaboration, & getting things done. We move quickly (multiple deploys throughout the day) & constantly work to reduce waste as well as structure ourselves around the most important goals for the business. Our engineering team currently comprises roughly 45 engineers of diverse backgrounds & skill sets.
What You'll Do
- Build a world-class marketing system handling petabytes of data & billions of contacts
- Automate, harden, & build systems on top of modern data tools like Spark, Elasticsearch, & more
- Develop expertise with mainstream technologies at a substantial scale
- Be a member of & collaborate with an engineering team passionate about quality, staying ahead of the curve, & teamwork
- Help design new features to launch optimally at scale
- 7+ years in a deeply technical role working with complex systems
- Background in operational work maintaining production systems
- Familiarity with the Linux command line & toolset (bash, grep, top, dstat)
- Strong technical skills in distributed systems design & management
- A deep comfort & proficiency with at least one mainstream programming language (Python, Java, Scala, C#, Ruby, etc.)
- Familiarity with multiple software engineering paradigms (OO, functional, etc.)
- Ability to reason about the characteristics of a system & how they manifest in production
- Experience designing & supporting large infrastructures and/or distributed systems
- Desire to learn & collaborate
- Proven history of execution & delivery
- Capability to clearly & professionally communicate
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected status.