GoCardless is on a mission to take the pain out of getting paid, so our customers can focus on what they do best. With the world shifting to a Subscription Economy, GoCardless is powering recurring payments across the globe via our world-first payments network. Weve cut out the intermediaries by linking together direct debit schemes from around the world to create a simple way of pulling payments directly from customers bank accounts.
We process more than $15bn a year, for over 50,000 businesses in more than 30 countries, & were growing fast. Our API powers recurring payments for companies like Survey Monkey, Bulb & the Financial Times. It also enables partners including Xero, Quickbooks & Sage to help small businesses to save countless hours spent chasing customers for payments.
As a Customer Onboarding Manager you will be responsible for the successful adoption of GoCardless by newly signed businesses looking to take payments via Bank Debit in the UK & across the globe utilising our global payments network. Day to day youll be working with our UK Entreprise customers, guiding them through their setup & onboarding journey, working cross-functionally with our Sales, Solutions Engineering & Customer Success Management teams to provide the optimal customer experience. Our customers use us in a variety of ways (as a standalone solution, integrating us into their bespoke software, or activating an integration with an existing software package), your role is crucial to the long-term success of the customers you onboard with GoCardless. Guiding our customers through a smooth & efficient onboarding journey helps our customers to quickly realise the benefits that led them to choose GoCardless in the first place.
Day to day, you will:
- Work closely with our Sales team during the pre-sales phase of the customers journey to design a tailored onboarding plan for each of your customers
- Co-ordinate the customer onboarding process for your portfolio of up to 25 Entreprise customers, following our standardised onboarding playbook & in line with best-practices.
- Regularly engage with senior customer stakeholders & individual business users to foster credible relationships & understand their unique business requirements & goals. These engagements can take the form of email interactions, phone calls, video conferencing or in-person meetings.
- Proactively lead each of the customers within your portfolio through the relevant milestones of their onboarding journey, ensuring any sticking points are identified & resolved quickly.
- Liaise with the relevant teams internally to get your customers ready for payment collections as quickly as possible or in time to meet any agreed deadlines.
- Optimise the full end to end flow of the customer onboarding process, & suggest improvement areas to make the onboarding journey as effortless as possible.
- Develop tools & techniques to accelerate adoption & reduce effort through streamlined & automated processes, both for yourself & for merchants
- Attend & contribute to weekly meetings, providing updates on your active onboardings as well as flagging any issues, risks & dependencies
- Collaborate with our Manager of Global Customer Onboarding to ensure processes benefit the entire team
You should apply if:
- You are passionate about customer onboarding or customer success & enjoy working directly with customers & going the extra mile
- You are an excellent communicator & confident presenter, with a solid command of German as well as English (written & verbal)
- You are detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills & a strong focus on delivering the best possible customer experience
- You have experience managing complex implementation projects for Enterprise customers at a Saas company or similar organisation
- You have experience juggling multiple demands on your time & can manage & prioritise various important & urgent issues
- You consistently operate with the customers needs at the forefront
- Youre comfortable communicating complex technical & non-technical concepts to a wide range of audiences
- You enjoy taking ownership of projects you work on & take pride in the execution & delivery of these
- You are proactive & driven, making the most of opportunities you are given & taking the initiative to seek additional ones
- You have a mindset of continuous improvement, both on a personal level as well as with regards to operational processes
- A second language is a plus.
Prior experience in a customer onboarding/implementation role or a keen knowledge of project management, implementation planning (particularly in a payment industry) & stakeholder management is a must. However, an ability to learn fast, deliver high quality outputs & improve ways of working as you progress are equally valuable.
Our team comes from a variety of backgrounds & we welcome diversity if you're unsure, please apply.