Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Products & Innovation position has the mandate to expand Visa's Product Innovation & technology scope with banks & with non-traditional clients; as well as leading in country product development & management responsibilities, thus requires a talent to help drive our global core & digital strategy & run the expansion activity in Ecuador.
Nature of role:
- The role requires a broad range of skills - familiarity with digital payment technologies with partners liaise with internal & external stakeholders on the development, execute of projects lead teams, & communicate with senior management.
- The candidate should be a quick learner, team player & detail oriented with the ability to understand & manage all aspects of Visa Products & Solutions including technology, risk, operations, pricing etc.
- The role will report directly to the Sr. Director of Products & Innovation, based in Bogota, Col. & will work very closely with the Hub & local teams
- The successful candidate should support the innovation agenda & the deployment of Visa Products, Solutions & technologies in Ecuador embark on the support of the implementation of issuer's innovation agenda in close partnership with country & business
- development teams.
- Have the ability to identify opportunities with clients & partners, promote collaboration, co-creation & co-development initiatives with regional & local Fintech players.
- The role will require to project management with a client facing emphasis on guidance, best practice execution, while helping local Visa team successfully complete each implementation.
- The role requires leadership on important engagements with partners in Ecuador that are critical to the success of Visa Products & Solutions. Starting with early-stage consultation to understand the partner's needs & agreeing on scope & timelines & then managing multiple teams within Visa to develop & implement the agreed product or solution. The role-holder will have end-to-end engagement responsibility for the Visa Product projects.
- Besides external stakeholders, the candidate would also work with key internal functional leads including country teams, client services, marketing, risk etc. to ensure the required level of knowhow & readiness to support clients.
- Key matrices that the candidate would be responsible for would include product readiness in key markets, transaction success rates & service quality. The role will also require briefing country & product executives on product infrastructure readiness, gaps & necessary interventions.
- Nurture creativity, innovation & design thinking in the organization
- Tactical deployment of strategic initiatives, revenue planning & budget responsibility
- Visa & financial/payment industry knowledge as well as agile methodologies experience will be considered astrong asset.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written & presentation necessary in Spanish & English.
- Ability to work under pressure of tight deadlines & frequent changes
- Ability to explain complex business & technical concepts to a broad audience in an approachable way.
- A track record working cross functionally & delivering measurable result, while managing stakeholdersthroughout the process
- Close affinity with scheme based payments
- Experience in working with APIs, Open Systems & standards
- Manage & understand financial business cases & revenue streams
- Prioritize across multiple work streams, highlighting plan, risks & dependencies
- Excellent Project Management skills
- High degree of independent thinking, cross collaboration, partner management
- Operate as a team member in multi-disciplinary tasks
- The ability to influence Visa's Culture of Innovation
- Requires competency in high-complexity decision-making
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.