Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to influence the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Our Project Managers are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively developed, integrated & deployed with quality & on time delivery. Our Scrum Masters coach & mentor teams to deliver critical, customer facing, enterprise class software development projects. The Client Systems team encompasses enterprise technology that empowers Visa staff to perform core business functions needed to support ongoing management of Visa operations. Client Systems influences the business by delivering solutions that focus on cost reduction & operational efficiencies while promoting incremental revenue growth through the delivery of shared platform solutions used by Visa's internal sales, business teams, & external merchant clients.
- Solid understanding of project management techniques, including both waterfall & agile methodologies, & best practices.
- Experience managing technology software development or infrastructure projects.
- Drive projects from concept to implementation by managing day-to-day operational & tactical aspects of large-scale complex projects in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Work with business & technology subject matter experts to create accurate estimates, produce project charters & other documentation required for funding approvals & forecasting against approved budget.
- Manage & drive projects to achieve target scope & schedule while identifying & actively managing dependencies & impacts.
- Direct project activities, conduct reviews, manage risk mitigations, issues, project schedule, & change controls.
- Achieve project goals through effective communication with stakeholders at all management levels across Visa, including architects & strategists, business partners, vendors, & senior management.
- Communicate project issues & risks in a manner suitable to the audience of technical team, stakeholder & senior management.
- Ensure projects comply with Visa's Project Management Methodology & controls.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- PMP certification & Certified ScrumMaster (CSM).
- Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline.
- Experience managing technically complex, cross-organizational, global, or multi-stakeholder projects.
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to communicate technical & business issues & solutions to multiple organizational levels internally & externally.
- Ability to analyze & organize a plan based upon available information.
- Strong leadership qualities, organizational skills & the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles.
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrate activities with other teams when needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Project) as well as project management, reporting, & agile tools including, Tableau, TFS, Rally, JIRA, MS Project, Clarity PPM, SharePoint, andWiki.
- Ability to influence, without direct authority to achieve project goals. Demonstrate skills in conflict management & negotiation to achieve project goals & develop trust with stakeholders.
- Experience with CRM and/or Call Center applications.
- The incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- The incumbent must make themselves available to support technical resources in the Asian Pacific time zones
- The position requires the incumbent to travel for work <10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.