About the role
At Chime, managing risk is one of the key competencies that set us apart from our peers. Our goal is to keep member accounts safe, provide them uninterrupted access to their money, & minimize risk exposure all while maintaining best-in-class fraud loss metrics. As a Fraud Investigator at Chime, you will be part of the Chicago office where youll investigate & analyze suspicious fraudulent activity to help develop, refine, & execute Chimes tactical risk strategies. In this role, youll assist with outlier pattern detection while taking appropriate actions on Chime member accounts with a high rate of precision.
This role cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Review transaction based alerts including performing investigative analysis on linked accounts creating similar fraud risks
- Identify criteria, validate data, & communicate awareness of trends to influence fraud strategy, model revisions & rule efficacy to stakeholders & senior management
- Understand current risk methodologies & conceptualizing solutions
- Partner with Analytics & Data Science teams to execute risk mitigation tactics & deploy models focused on identifying various fraudulent behavior & activity proactively
- Triage escalated cases that resulted in adverse account actioning
- Assist with optimization of processes to improve member experience
- Support ad-hoc projects as assigned
To thrive in this role, you have
- At least 2 years of experience with fraud prevention, fraud data analysis, investigations, or risk management
- Knowledge of basic SQL and/or dashboard creation & demonstrates a willingness to learn data systems & uplevel proficiency
- Drive & ability to work efficiently & independently in a fast-paced, technology-driven environment
- Exceptional organizational & communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Experience analyzing current fraud trends
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills
- A positive, team player mentality with strong collaborative qualities
- Experience navigating information in case management systems
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, & Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.