Away is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to join our Product Marketing team. We are a global lifestyle brand that is on a mission to create thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. In support of our mission, the ideal candidate will have had experience in innovating products that create new business opportunities & owning end-to-end new physical product launches from concept to launch. You will work closely with Product Development, Product Design, Merchandising, Creative, Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Planning & Production. This position will be based out of our headquarters in SoHo, New York City & report to the Director of Product Marketing.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What You'll Do:
- Support Director in developing Aways overall product strategy & roadmap, identifying new product ideas based on new technologies, market & consumer trends, competitive activity, product gaps, & consumer pain points.
- Own end-to-end new product launches from insight to launch, on time & in keeping with overall business objectives. Drive alignment across cross-functional partners. Identify & resolve roadblocks, pivot & drive mid-program shifts as needed.
- Lead development of product concept & positioning for new product launches. Collaborate closely with cross-functional partners to ensure all elements of launch are in line with product launch strategy. Launch elements include but are not limited to: pricing, forecasts, go-to-market strategy, creative assets, & the unboxing experience.
- Drive competitive analysis to inform product launch strategy. Stay abreast of market & consumer trends, global & local, with particular attention to luggage, soft goods, & travel categories.
- Manage existing product portfolio, identifying & executing optimizations on existing products. Consistently monitor performance of new launches & provide actionable recommendations to improve future launches.
- Support business-wide special projects & perform ad-hoc business analysis as needed.
Who You Are:
- Have 5+ years of business experience. Product marketing, product management or brand management with physical products required. Management consulting background a plus
- Proven ability to take product launch from insights to launch, embracing both big picture objectives & following through on details. Understands role of different functions (e.g. product development, packaging design, creative) & their effect on product marketability
- Strong relationship builder with ability to work cross-functionally (as well as up, down & across the organization) to champion product launch
- Strategic & detail-orientedable to take a 10,000 foot view & synthesize insights to drive business decisions, but also able to be precise with strong attention to detail
- Excellent written & oral communication skills & presentation skills
- Customer obsessedyou understand our customers & how to connect with them through the lens of an external source
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude. Willing to put in the time necessary for success & ensure deliverables are met
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have generous PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, generous & inclusive parental leave, & a kitchen stocked with organic snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups, our new office in downtown Manhattan, & more, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team breakfasts & regular happy hours. We organize ways to give back to our local communities.
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!