At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Marketing builds awareness, drives acquisition, & expands usage by developing innovative, breakthrough campaigns that are delivered through multiple channels, including our website, blog, emails, social media, events, & advertising. Product Marketing plays a central role by partnering throughout the company to deliver customer insights, take new & existing products to market, & develop content that fuels growth campaigns.
Product Marketing Manager, Security Lead - Job Role & Responsibilities
Cloudflare is looking for an experienced product marketer to own all marketing aspects of our security product suite. This is a high-impact, results-oriented role, where you will work directly with Sales, Product Management, & Marketing to take new products to market & develop messaging & campaigns that drive acquisition & expansion. You will lead a team of direct reports & collaborate with a large, cross-functional stakeholder group throughout the product lifecycle.
Successful candidates will have a passion for helping to build a better Internet by enabling web properties to improve their security posture. You will have a drive to understand customer needs, dig into product details, & elevate our messaging to deliver solution-oriented, breakthrough initiatives. You will enjoy this role if you like working with fast-paced teams & having autonomy to drive your initiatives.
This role is a part of our global Product Marketing team which includes Content Marketing, Developer Relations, & Community Development. This role reports directly to the Head of Product Marketing.
- Build the Cloudflare security brand by developing category thought leadership programs.
- Acquire deep customer knowledge through market research, customer interviews & segmentation analysis.
- Create & execute go-to-market strategies to drive product awareness, adoption, & pipeline from our security products.
- Develop customer messaging that proves Cloudflares differentiation in the Security space.
- Develop & execute integrated marketing campaigns to drive demand for products & solutions.
- Partner with Product Management & be the voice of the product.
- Create the internal & external facing content to enable our Sales team to effectively position & sell Cloudflares security services
- Partner with our Analyst Relations team to establish Cloudflare as a security leader.
- Successfully launch new security services to customers & partners.
- Lead a team of direct reports focused on Security.
- 7+ years of experience in product marketing with at least 3 years in a security-focused role.
- Deep technical skills & ability to understand complex security related trends & applicability to the portfolio.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively influence both internal & external stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to manage ambiguity & navigate unforeseen obstacles gracefully.
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills ,empathy, & ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment.
- Strong people management skills with a player/coach approach.
- A passion for Cloudflares mission & the success of our customers, partners, & community.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.