Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers.Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting,market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing.Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
The Stack Overflow Enterprise team helps large software teams build better, faster, & easier by equipping them with Stack Overflows unique & industry-leading solution for developer enablement. Sales Executives (SE) are the primary quota carrying salespeople on the Enterprise team. This high level senior sales leader has a key role in driving revenue along with developing & nurturing relationships with key accounts & partners. Reports to the Managing Director, Enterprise. The primary purpose of the position is to:
- Develop relationships with a set number of key strategic accounts within a geographic region
- Connect with stakeholders at the appropriate buying level within these accounts
- Build strategies to trigger, drive & engage opportunities
- Serve as a key representative of the customer voice in the product development process internally & work with other members of the Enterprise team to drive advancement of the Enterprise product & overall business
- Work closely & in alignment with Customer Success team to ensure successful deployments & continued account growth
- Serve as a leader on the Enterprise sales team & provide guidance, training, & support to more junior members of the team
- Work with the Managing Director, Enterprise & sales operations team to develop & evolve the Enterprise sales process & associated infrastructure
What youll do:
- Solid understanding & foundation in the software industry & how large software teams/companies work
- Expert in Stack Overflow platform & our position within the global developer community
- Strong communicator able of working across teams & departments
- Able to craft strong messages & stories that connect clients to the Stack Overflow Enterprise solution
What youll need to have:
- Experienced enterprise salesperson that excels on small & growing teams. Not afraid of, & won't complain about, selling products in flux
- Ability to forecast & manage pipeline efficiently
- Prior experience with strategic/enterprise accounts
- Experience with data analysis & reporting using MS-Excel, Salesforce & BI Tools
- Requires at least 10 years of experience in sales, with at least 3 years experience in enterprise and/or software sales
- Passionate about the Stack Overflow story & our global connection to developers & ways that we can help them learn, share & level up
- Strong room presence at the Director level or above
What we value:
- Servant Leadership: The best managers lead by empowering & inspiring their team to do their best work.
- Collaboration: The best products are created when people from different backgrounds & disciplines work closely together in an environment of respect & trust.
- Transparency: Trust is built on openness & transparency. If there is not a good reason to keep it a secret, we share it.
- Inclusion: We do our best work when we can be our whole selves at work. Were committed to policies & benefits that support people, & managers who foster an open & inclusive culture.
What youll get in return:
- Competitive base salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Flexible hours
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Great office w/ espresso bar, games, & free daily lunches
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Transportation reimbursement
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Overflow does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.