At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
This is a data curation role supporting engineering teams. Individuals in this role are responsible for the evaluation of new data sources, labeling & annotating data sets, & augmenting collected data. Data curators will also test & give feedback on new tools to facilitate data curation & support the engineering teams. Youll work with your peers as well as with other technical teams, in order to build the systems required to deliver value for the company.
- Evaluation of new data sources.
- Work with annotation product & engineering teams to label images, video, & LiDAR scenes with high accuracy in accordance with policy.
- Reviewing annotated data sets for errors & making corrections as needed.
- Documenting errors meticulously for analysis.
- Augmenting/preparing collected data for the engineering team.
- Working heavily with the Google Suite of products/services such as G-mail, Docs, Sheets, Meet, Calendar, etc.
- Keeping a high level of accuracy, attention to details & integrity.
- English level intermediate (or higher) is a MUST, both spoken & written
- Understanding traffic regulations.
- Strong computer skills: You must feel comfortable with learning new processes, systems, & tools, including labeling tools (LiDAR, image labeling, video labeling) & Google Drive products.
- Ability & readiness to deal with monotonous work without losing concentration.
- Presence of basic logic, ability to handle ambiguity & provide independent reasoning & conclusions.
- Strong personal communication skills. Good at asking questions. Considering yourself a real team player.
- Ability to work remotely for the duration of COVID-19 social distancing requirements.
Will be an advantage:
- Any experience in the following or related fields: data entry, data labeling, LiDAR labeling, 3D modeling or graphic design, etc. Training background.
- Tech background.
- Previous data curation experience.