Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms & products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure & capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 23 billion in circulation & supported over $640B in transactions in the past year. Circles payments & treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account & APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system & digital currency & blockchain based finance. Circles SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising & capital formation to startups & growth companies. Combined, Circles suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global & inclusive financial system.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value, Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money & internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a highly capable & motivated Tax Manager, to support the tax accounting, tax compliance & international tax needs of our rapidly growing operations. This role will involve interaction with teams across several functions including compliance, legal & product as well as the greater finance team. You will play a key role working on core tax compliance & tax accounting activities while supporting a business that is on the cutting edge of digital payments & blockchain technology.
What you'll work on:
- Support preparation of consolidated & legal entity tax provisions & financial statement footnotes on a monthly, quarterly & annual basis.
- Support the preparation & review of annual US federal & state tax compliance & filing of tax returns.
- Work closely with outside tax advisors to manage information requests & support key tax compliance processes.
- Work cross functionally with other members of the broader finance team & teams across the Company to deliver key projects, processes & initiatives.
- Review tax related journal entries for monthly, quarterly & annual closes.
- Support inputs to the international tax compliance & tax accounting process.
- Support the maintenance of transfer pricing model & supporting documentation including preparations of local transfer reports & master files where applicable.
- Research & support tax implications & planning for new product launches, tax changes related to cryptocurrency & transactional activity for the consolidated group.
- Prepare tax memos to document & update tax positions of the company.
- Research & stay current on changes to US & international tax legislation & help to communicate & plan for tax risks & implications to other parts of the Company.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Knowledge of US tax regulations & US GAAP requirements of ASC 740.
- 7+ years of experience, ideally from a Big 4 background & with direct tax experience working in industry.
- Direct experience with preparation & review of tax provisions for project managing tax compliance.
- CPA or post graduate tax qualification is highly desirable.
- Organized, detailed, proactive, self-motivated, collaborative.
- Excellent oral & written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work cross functionally & adapt to change are extremely important.
- Ability to prioritize workloads & ensure tasks are completed on time.
- High integrity & ability to handle confidential information.
- Experience/familiarity with cloud accounting systems, Bloomberg tax, Slack, Mac OSX & GSuite
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.