At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
We care deeply about delivering the best transportation experience; this means the best experience for the passenger & the best experience for the driver. We believe this quality of service can only be achieved with a deep understanding of our world, our cities, our streets how they evolve, how they breathe. We embrace the powerful positive impact autonomous transportation will bring to our everyday lives & with our ambition, we will become a leader in the development & operation of such vehicles. Thanks to our network, with hundreds of millions of rides every year, we have the means to make autonomy a safe reality. As a member of Level 5, you will have the opportunity to develop & deploy tomorrows hardware & software solutions & thereby revolutionize transportation.
At Lyft Level 5, Simulation is a critical component of our Self-Driving technology. It greatly reduces the risks & costs of development, & is a necessary element of making the leap to fully driverless vehicles. As a member of the Simulation team, you would help create a virtual world in which both augmented reality & synthetically generated data are used to help accelerate the training, prototyping & validation of autonomous vehicles. The goal is to model millions of scenarios in this virtual world & drive billions of miles on our virtual vehicles powered by our autonomy software stack.
- Create accurate 3D virtual environments to simulate autonomous vehicles in realistic situations, from intersection scale to city scale
- Implement smart actors & agents in the virtual environment that closely mimic their real-world behaviors
- Solve difficult modeling, mathematical, & implementation problems with a focus on the accuracy of simulation results, as well as the reliability & performance of the software
- Integrate the simulation with existing regression testing frameworks & making it an integral part of autonomy software
- Collaborate with the rest of the team to develop & maintain a physically-accurate, reliable, & fast simulation toolkit
- Collaborate closely with the autonomous software team
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or related technical fields
- Experience of developing C++ code on Linux
- Experience with physical system modeling & simulation
- Experience with building performant software to handle large data sets
- Exceptional ability to produce maintainable & highly testable code with great design
- Thrive in a fast-paced & collaborative work environment where your impact is highly visible
- Passionate about autonomous vehicle technology & its potential to improve the world
- (Nice to Have): Experience in robotics, real time systems, embedded system, or self-driving technologies
- (Nice to Have): Experience with physics engines (e.g. Bullet, Havok, PhysX)
- (Nice to Have): Experience developing agent behaviors, physics, gameplay, tools, or GUIs
- (Nice to Have): Knowledge of common geographical coordinate systems, spatial data infrastructure & common GIS applications
- (Nice to Have): Deep understanding & hands-on knowledge of Deep Learning & its applications in autonomous driving systems
- (Nice to Have): Working knowledge of various sensor technologies including camera, RADAR, LIDAR, ultrasonic, & vehicle state sensors
- (Nice to Have): Understanding of hardware modules & systems, system identification & sensor/actuators simulation
- (Nice to Have): Experience developing virtual world environment for games, such as Lumberyard, Unity3d, Unreal, CryEngine and/or other world simulation environments
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.