We are changing the world! Want to help the largest organizations on the planet achieve unprecedented visibility & control over the most complex environments in the world?
Do you have an uncanny ability to understand customer needs & deliver solutions? Do you have the highest level of technical skills along with the ability to translate those skills to any audience? At Tanium our Technical Sales Engineering (TSE) team works closely with Sales & Technical Account Management (TAM) teams to engage current & potential customers. We drive & lead the technology evaluation stage of the sales cycle, demo the platform, & deliver comprehensive Proof of Value (POV).
You will be engaged in interactive pre-sales discovery meetings, analysis of customers current technology & architecture, operational & business needs; & the development & presentation of appropriate Tanium solutions. You will lead deep-dive technical discussions with the customer to position Taniums transformative enterprise operations & security platform to the relevant stakeholders, from C-level to the technology user.
What youll do:
- Work directly with our world-class sales team from initial discovery to deal close to shorten sales cycles & improve closing rates
- Oversee & participate in initial discovery meetings with customers, providing platform demos & highly technical Proof of Value engagements for both existing customers & new sales opportunities
- Be the direct conduit translating customer business challenges into technical solutions, positioning Tanium to effectively solve those challenges
- Function as a technical expert throughout sales engagements, ensuring that tactical motions in the pre-sales & POV processes line up with strategic account goals
- Partner with field engineering teams (TAMs) to ensure maximum technical effectiveness & consistent customer experience throughout the POV process
- Consistently & cogently address our customers needs through astute verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Build, manage & maintain strong relationships with customers, peers & partners
- Actively participate & speak at regional marketing events & conferences
- Customer-facing Sales & Channel enablement, including training
- Operate as a keystone in the sales model, working with the Sales, Marketing, Product, & TAM organizations to continuously improve effectiveness & efficiency throughout the customer life-cycle
- Travel expected to be 40-60% to engage with customers & prospects in person
We are looking for someone with:
- 8+ years of operational and/or selling experience in endpoint operations or security
- 4+ years of experience in customer-facing or customer support positions
- Significant software pre-sales or related value-based technical selling expertise in very large enterprise environments
- Experience presenting at multiple levels, from C-Suite to Solution Users
- A demonstrated track record of taking ownership of complex initiatives & producing successful outcomes
- Broad knowledge of the IT security, operations, & compliance space & products
- Deep knowledge with hands-on experience in one or more of the following:
- Endpoint Security
- IT Operations Management
- Regulatory Compliance
- Broad knowledge of scripting languages is a plus
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Naturally team-oriented with a mission-first attitude
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or equivalent experience required
Does this sound like you?
- A Technical Sales Engineer that thrives on complex business problems & solving them with technology.
- Are you the go-to Technical Sales Engineer who excels under pressure?
- Are you a technologist who enjoys working with customers on delivering successful business outcomes?
- Do you wish you could be more hands-on with technology throughout the sales process?
- Can you navigate the complexity of Enterprise customers & execute excellence at every level?
At Tanium, we empower the worlds largest organizations to manage & protect their mission-critical networks. Theres a reason why 6 of the top 10 retailers, 12 of the top 15 US banks, & 4 of the US Armed Forces use Tanium. We provide lightning-fast capabilities at their fingertips to see everything & do anything across their computer networks with unparalleled scale.
We pride ourselves on being unstoppable in the pursuit of our mission. We are diverse problem solvers driven to do the right thing & win as a team.
Join our team at tanium.com/careers/.