LiveRamp is the leading data connectivity platform. We are committed to connecting the worlds data safely & effectively, advancing innovation, & empowering people to do good. Our platform powers customer experiences centered around the needs & concerns of real people, keeping the Internet open for all. We enable individuals around the world to connect with the brands & products they love. LiveRampers thrive on solving challenging problems for the good of humanityand were always looking for smart, kind, & creative people to help us get there.
Mission: LiveRamp makes it safe & easy for businesses to use data effectively.
Marketers are looking for ways to engage audiences with a personalized experience across multiple platforms. Our Platform Services team is responsible for helping scale various revenue-driving applications while building the technology stack for the future. We collaborate closely with various internal applications (e.g., LiveRamps core onboarding business, as well as growth businesses in Measurement, TV, Data Marketplace, Safe Haven, Healthcare, etc). Our mission is to build a scalable, future proof stack that fuels revenue growth while achieving the product vision of becoming a true API-first, PaaS, cloud native platform. We are at the heart of the companys transformation, & are looking for experienced leaders that thrive in chaos & love to build disruptive products. The Lead PM of Tooling & Standards will be central to defining API standards, clarifying product strategy, executing against a clearly defined roadmap, defining workflows, & building a developer portal to accelerate LiveRamps position as an API-first platform.
Successful candidates will:
- Collaborate with x-functional leaders to define a clear & measurable product strategy
- Understand customer needs & use them to inform clear product priorities
- Take accountability for delivering against a roadmap, leveraging product management & agile development best practices
Specifically, you will:
- Define API standards: Leverage industry expertise to clearly define API standards, driving internal alignment & consistency, enabling consistent API adoption.
- Refine workflows: Define, standardize & optimize various workflows & tooling to drive API reliability & adoption.
- Build a developer portal: Define requirements for & deliver a world-class developer portal that drives 3p app adoption leveraging complete, self-service documentation. Define necessary support (e.g., marketing, services) & technology (e.g., SDK) required to drive scaled adoption.
- Build a developer community: Influence the development of required internal capabilities (e.g., service org)
- Set Vision: Create & articulate a long-term product vision & strategy that cements LiveRamp as a critical, API-first platform vital to existing customers & developer personas.
- Influence Product Team & Execution:
- Influence & empower world-class product managers with tools & standards
- Establish culture to reliably translate requirements into product delivery
- Establish business-outcome-based OKR prioritization & roadmap in collaboration with Sales, Product Marketing, Legal, Engineering, etc....
- Guide & mentor team members to navigate complex dependency management & make short & long term trade-offs across multiple products / stakeholders.
- Create alignment on priority & approach: Drive alignment on how API tools & standards are defined & deployed.
- Work with Commercial Leaders (Sales, Marketing, Ops) to understand customer needs, market trends & to align on product roadmap
- Work with CTO & Engineering Leadership to build technology that maximizes customer value & creates the desired customer experience
- Work with various other functions to deliver product & revenue end-to-end, e.g., Product Marketing, Legal, Operations
Your team will:
- Translate executive vision into action. i.e., move the entire company & tech stack towards self-service SaaS, API first, (selectively PaaS), cloud native, scalable products
- Deliver revenue growth of multiple applications, e.g., B2C, TV
- Be accountable leaders. We deliver what we say we will deliver, & communicate clearly with all functions at all levels.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a product management leader.
- Experience defining API tooling & standards.
- Technical depth - understanding APIs, full stack, systems architecture, adtech ecosystem
- Experience in digital advertising market working with advertisers and/or agencies & experience with internet-enabled TV advertising.
- Experience working collaboratively with multi-functional, distributed teams in multiple time zones. Ability to listen, articulate positions, & advocate designs.
- Track record of successfully launching & scaling SaaS & PaaS platforms across markets. Demonstrating clear data-driven insights combined with instinct for knowing what internal / external stakeholders want, resulting in outstanding product results.
- Track record of success in the full lifecycle of product management. Includes both product strategy & execution, from defining customer needs to defining clear user stories, priorities, engineering delivery & go-to-market.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative & fast-paced environment, demonstrating an entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical & cross-functional teams who do not report into this role to get things done.
- Customer focus. Experience working closely with sales, SVP/C suite as well as specific partnerships to clearly define customer needs & product opportunities.
- Known to take ownership of outcomes through working with others & stay accountable to actions
- Ability to turn ambiguous problem spaces into clear solutions.
- You can write queries where needed or are open to learning. You will not create software, but you will work with software engineers, & you may perform analyses.
- Optional experience in AI/ML.
- People: work with talented, collaborative, & friendly people who love what they do.
- In-Office Food: enjoy catered meals, boundless snacks, & the occasional food truck.
- Fun: we host in-person & virtual events such as game nights, happy hours, camping trips, & sports leagues.
- Work/Life Harmony: flexible paid time off, options for working from home, & paid parental leave.
- Whole Health Package: medical, dental, vision, & disability insurance. Plus mental health support (via Talkspace) & fitness reimbursement up to $100 per month.
- Savings: our 401K matching plan helps you plan ahead.
- RampRemote: a comprehensive program to assist you in setting up a home office that works for you
- Location: work in the heart of San Francisco (other locations or remote will also be considered for the ideal candidate)
More about us:
LiveRamps mission is to connect data in ways that matter, & doing so starts with our people. We know that inspired teams enlist people from a blend of backgrounds & experiences. And we know that individuals do their best when they not only bring their full selves to work but feel like they truly belong. Connecting LiveRampers to new ideas & one another is one of our guiding principlesone that informs how we hire, train, & grow our global team across eight countries & four continents.
LiveRamp is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) & does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics or other protected status. Qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records will be considered for the position in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
To all recruitment agencies: LiveRamp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, LiveRamp employees or any other company location. LiveRamp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.