Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Team:
Customer Experience lives & breathes our mission of empowering our customers to feel amazing. The Billing team works directly with customers on a wide variety of situations, all while delivering a positive experience & representing the Rent the Runway brand. From transaction processing to fraud investigation, were ready to help with anything. As part of the Customer Experience team, we are at the heart of the business & have a major impact on our continued success.
About the Job:
As a Billing Associate III, you will be focused on supporting our Customer Experience, Finance & Security teams. Youll lead customer payment investigations & creatively solve for sensitive billing issues. In addition to interacting with customers, you will also analyze customer activity & leverage detection tools to prevent fraudulent activity. You will work with internal teams to take third party action when needed. To be successful in this role, you must simultaneously balance financial recovery & customer experience.
What Youll Do:
- Identify potential fraudulent activity on new/existing customer accounts using various tools & reports
- Support the build out of our fraud prevention tools & reporting, working with internal stakeholders & third parties
- Create, document, & train the team on CX fraud escalation procedures
- Document & respond to failed customer payments, including chargebacks for payments
- Thoroughly research incidents and/or allegations & interact with other departments & third parties to escalate & investigate where necessary
- Share customer feedback & information with key stakeholders & leadership in order to continuously improve & evolve the customer experience
- Support overall customer experience team goals & contribute to an empathic, positive & energetic team culture
- Troubleshoot & resolve customer issues with the utmost care & respect by listening to their problems & offering creative resolutions
- Proven track record of handling complex & high-risk situations relating to billing & financial investigation
- Strong collaboration skills & ability to work well under ambiguous conditions
- Interest in fraud management & regulatory requirements, as well as industry outlook
- Articulate & comfortable communicating with customers in sensitive situations
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities at a time, & meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Tableau, ThreatMetrix, & Castle preferred; experience with Kustomer is a plus
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Fraud Management, or 2+ years in a fraud, risk prevention, or internal audit role role
- 5+ years of experience in billing, collections or payment security
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) and/or Certified Financial Crime Specialist (CFCS) preferred
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Flexibility Policy - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week.