The Peloton Prototype Shop is looking for a detail oriented model maker to help bring ideas to life. This role collaborates with our Mechanical Engineering & Industrial Design teams to turn R&D & product development projects into tangible models and prototype the future of fitness. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is a hands-on problem solver with model making experience & a desire to learn what you dont already know. All applicants should be able to read technical drawings, work independently & think quickly.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Assist in all in-house prototyping efforts.
- Fabricate solutions in a wide variety of materials & processes.
- Field multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Communicate technical information through various media including: clear & concise language, drawing, digital Images, short & professional email.
- Demonstrate an ability to master new problems thoroughly & quickly.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working in a shop environment.
- Bachelors degree in Art, Design or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in model making technique (analog & digital).
- Good command of 3d modeling technique & knowledge of 3d print practice.
- Familiarity with industrial fabrication processes: machining, sheet metal, casting, thermoforming, etc
- Good work habits & organizational skills.
- Proficiency in SolidWorks (preferred) or equivalent CAD software.
- Experience with painting & finishing.
- CNC Machining experience & CAM programming a plus.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.