Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse & complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, & better crisis management for public & commercial sector organizations across the globe.
Weve grown to over 500 talented employees across six global offices & raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance & the sharing of information & ideas because it enables us to do our best work together & have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI & real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us & help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You have a passion for both leadership & engineering. You love being hands-on but also developing & steering strategic long term vision & plans. You have a modern approach & strong opinions how SecOps should run. You put people first, above all else & are a dynamic leader to be the type of leader each unique individual on your team needs. You love building & enjoy taking projects from an immature state to an optimized state. You understand business & how to balance risk & business needs. You are not afraid to get hands on & still enjoy engineering.
- Lead, manage & inspire the Security Operations & Engineering team.
- Manage budget, strategy & vision for Security Operations & Engineering.
- Collaborate with business leaders.
- Develop solutions for complex problems that support the business.
- Provide reporting on plans, projects, staff to executive leadership.
- Maintain full awareness of team projects, tickets & requests at all times.
- Maintain awareness of new technology & solutions.
- Constantly evaluate the effectiveness of solutions through end user feedback.
- Unending curiosity
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Experience interviewing & hiring
- Experienced people management
- Experience managing large projects across business units & long time lines
- Understanding of budgeting
- Experience with the following
- Email Security
- Cloud environments
- Vulnerability scanners
- Understanding of IT management tools
- Knowledge of NIST CSF
- Knowledge of SOC2
- Knowledge of FedRAMP
Our offering of competitive benefits & perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees & their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability & life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking & dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks & beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.