Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also the creator of USD Coin (USDC), the fastest growing, regulated, dollar, which is quickly approaching 10 billion in circulation, growing over 1000% year over year. Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions & smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable & efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: were using USD Coin under the hood).
Over the next 12 months, were going to rapidly grow our API customer base & enable even more businesses to easily integrate & benefit from the breakthrough of programmable money on the internet.
If youre data-driven, interested in building something meaningful & would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we cant wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What youll be responsible for:
As Director, Technical Operations at Circle, you will be a hands-on leader directly managing geographically dispersed teams of Site Reliability & Infrastructure Engineers. You will be intimately involved in creating the cloud infrastructure roadmap, hiring & mentoring teams helping deliver the features & capabilities required by the business. You will work closely with our Security & Development team leads & managers to ensure alignment on security & delivery on behalf of our customers.
You'll work on:
- Enable & empower the teams that design & deliver software & tools that improve the reliability, performance, & security of Circles platform.
- Work across the engineering teams to influence software development to meet operational needs & influence product & cloud engineering to improve the manageability, quality, & supportability of our production services.
- Establish the service delivery culture for Circle, building best-in class service engineering capabilities.
- Own the technical operations roadmap.
- Define & measure metrics like SLO, SLA & SLI that are closely tied to business objectives.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- 8+ years experience as a cloud practitioner & technical leader
- Experience managing blockchain nodes in production environments
- Managed highly effective geographically dispersed teams
- An AWS certified SysOps Administrator, DevOps Engineer or Solutions Architect
- Expert with AWS services including IAM, & VPC
- Experience with OCI tooling & runtimes like Kubernetes & ECS/EKS
- Practice Infrastructure as Code with either Cloudformation or Terraform
- Experience with log aggregation systems like Splunk, ELK, etc.
- Experience creating & maintaining monitoring & alerting capabilities using tools like Splunk, Kibana, Datadog, or Kinesis Analytics
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.