Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them. Vox Medias networks & businesses include SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode & Code Conferences, Polygon, Concert, Chorus, Vox Creative, Vox Entertainment, & the Vox Media Podcast Network.
As a Creative Strategist, you will help ideate, position, & package best in class programs for Vox Creative. Ideal candidates for this role will be a one-of-a-kind creative thinker who is passionate about storytelling for advertisers across our platforms. Not only do you bring innovative solutions to our advertising partners, but you have passion for supporting your reasoning with data & insights. This position will report to the Director of Creative Strategy & will be based in New York.
What youll do:
Collaborate with sales, account services, product, editorial, analytics, & other members of the Vox Creative team to:
- Ideate content solutions that reflect the POV of all Vox Media editorial networks
- Create compelling narratives across platforms display, editorial, podcast, experiential
- Build & pitch proposals that solve client objectives through visual storytelling
- Dive deep into Vox Media insights to build compelling data-driven creative strategies
- Identify new ways to solve client challenges with creative solutions
- Innovate & create at the speed of our fast-paced culture
What youll bring:
- 3+ years experience as a Creative, Strategist, or Creative Strategist at a digital publisher or agency
- Strong foundation in brand strategy & creative thinking
- Journalist-worthy writing & editing skills
- Grade-A presentation chops
- Master linguist in a 140-character world
- Flare for building visual treatments known to wow
- Deadline-oriented project management skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively across teams & disciplines
- Passion for all Vox Media editorial brands
- A personal philosophy of, Yes, well figure it out.
- Knack for finding humor in even the most stressful of situations
- Desire to seek our diverse & unique POVs that differ from your own
- Service with a smile. You always listen first.
- Willingness to kill your darlings when needed
Bonus points for:
- Experience working in F&B, QSR, CPG, and/or Auto
- Sports nut, self-appointed tech obsessive, and/or policy wonk
- Experience ideating, producing, and/or pitching digital video & multi-platform programs
- Ability to develop jaw dropping PPT & Google Slide skills day in & day out
- Entrepreneurial spirit. When you spot a process inefficiency you build a Slack bot to improve communication
- Heart of a creative, mind of a analyst. Your content innovations are as good as the numbers you use to support them.
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.