Kustomer is THE omnichannel SaaS platform reimagining customer service through standout experiences with the most modern technology CRM has to offer. We exist not to resolve tickets but to help customers have phenomenal experiences. Kustomer built its platform with intelligent automation, & a unified support experience that enables companies to deliver effortless, consistent & personalized service to each & every customer.
Our Krew is made up of passionate & collaborative people who really care about what they do & the people they help. We look for people who are passionate about enhancing the customer service experience for everyone involved, as it's the core of what we do. We're in the midst of explosive growth, & have no plans of slowing down. We welcome individuals who want to learn & be challenged every day.
Some fun facts about us, Kustomer is the core platform of some of the incredible customer service brands like Ring, Sweetgreen, Rent the Runway, Glossier, Away, Glovo, & UNTUCKit. We were founded in 2015 & are based out of NYC. The serial entrepreneurs who founded this business, Brad Birnbaum & Jeremy Suriel, led Kustomer to raise over $173.5M in venture funding, with some of the most amazing VCs behind us including: Tiger Global Management, Battery Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, Cisco Investments, Canaan Partners, Boldstart Ventures & Social Leverage.
It gets even more amazing - Kustomer is thrilled to announce we have signed a deal to be acquired by Facebook. We are currently operating independently until closing. This is an incredible opportunity to join our fast-growing team & be a part of this once in a lifetime experience. Check out this article for more details on this amazing adventure!
About the Role
The User Experience Researcher is part of a growing research team & will be an integral part of the product organization. This role will help us more deeply understand our users, uncover pain points, surface opportunities to improve the overall product, & have a hand in shaping the way our research processes continue to grow with the business.
You will work with cross-functional partners on both strategic & tactical research projects, helping product squads gather insights to inform product & design decisions, as well as sharing research methods & best practices that enable teams to ask & answer questions on their own.
In this role, you will gather signals from a variety of qualitative & quantitative sources (i.e., interviews, moderated/unmoderated usability evaluation, surveys, heuristic analysis, usage analytics, & other data sources) & turn them into actionable insights that inform product strategy.
You'll be responsible for:
- Understanding the problems were trying to solve in the Customer Experience space
- Collaborating with product managers & designers to prioritize, plan, & execute research studies for new & existing products
- Leading strategic research efforts that deepen our understanding of the user experience & drive product strategy
- Distilling actionable insights from a variety of sources & use excellent communication to share with the product & design team as well as other stakeholders
- Creating a culture of continuous discovery to help us identify opportunities to improve the product experience for our users
- You have 3+ years of hands-on experience with a variety of qualitative & quantitative research techniques
- You can lead, design, & execute research in a fast-paced/agile environment; experience in B2B software, SaaS, or work-flow management products a plus
- You demonstrate deep empathy with users & can connect your research to solutions that balance business objectives with user needs
- You know how to choose the right tool for the task at hand & are well-versed in generative & evaluative methods
- You are deeply inquisitive & endlessly curiousalways eager to dig deeper for solutions to user problems & opportunities for innovation
- You are an excellent communicator who can present to a diverse audience of stakeholders
- You are a team player who is excited to share your knowledge & elevate the whole team with your expertise
Kustomer offers an array of benefits including competitive salaries, stock options, 100% healthcare coverage, 401K, commuter benefits, & generous vacation policy.
Diversity & Inclusion at Kustomer
Kustomer is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.