Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate high performing team players who can take new challenges & go the extra mile.
The Director of Internal Audit will lead the company-wide SOX implementation initiative as well as further build out a world-class internal audit department. Partnering with DO teams to help mature & establish the companys control environment. The ideal candidate for this position will be someone who has relevant prior technical & industry experience & is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. This position reports the Audit Committee Chair & the CFO. We only hire the best to these teams, & your work will have an impact on the future success of this rapidly growing company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Lead the team collaborating with the company to build the internal control environment & prepare the company for SOX compliance
- Own all aspects of planning & coordinating SOX & internal audit of controls & procedures, investigations, risk assessment, & development of internal audit program.
- Collaborate & train business partners on control implementation, execution, & maintenance of the control environment
- Partner with the Business Systems team to provide integrated IA reviews of the systems implemented
- Build working relationships with process owners & key stakeholders in various departments, to increase awareness of the importance of mitigating risks & implementing controls, & the role of Internal Audit
- Report to the Audit Committee regarding internal control matters, results of audit reviews, the progression of the audit plan, & any other matters of discussion
- Work closely & lead discussions with external auditors & regulators to ensure work performed internally can be leveraged
- Develop & manage a formal Internal Audit function to evaluate accounting, financial & operational activities that align with the companys strategic business objectives
- Drive Internal Audit's risk assessment & planning process; develop a risk-based internal audit plan that addresses operational, compliance, & financial risks, while considering emerging risks & changes to the business
- Ad-hoc audits, fraud investigations, process improvement initiatives, & other projects as requested
- Provide mentoring & career development to the IA team
What Well Expect From You:
- 15 years or more of relevant experience experience in public accounting (Big 4) preferred
- Bonus: Experience with working with High Growth or Technology companies, and/or companies that have recently IPOed
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college/university in an appropriate field
- Professional certification such as CPA, CIA, or CISA preferred
- Experience working with engineering teams in a continuous delivery environment & experience auditing SaaS systems
- Experience with software such as MS Word, MS Excel skills, Alteryx (or other data & analytics tools), PowerPoint, G-Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides), Slack, & Visio or Lucid Charts. Bonus: Experience with RPA, NetSuite, Coupa, BlackLine, Concur, Fastpath or AuditBoard
- Ability to influence without authority & to work independently
- Strong leadership & employee management & development skills
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- High degree of accuracy & attention to detail
- A flexible attitude with respect to work assignments & new learning
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!