The Manager for Customer Insights is responsible for driving understanding of customer value, behavior, preferences, etc. for marketing, merchandising, & strategy. They will act as a thought leader for all Zola customer research efforts & influence the direction of decisions across the company by representing the voice of the customer (e.g., new features, campaign/messaging development, assortment). Its an exciting opportunity help Zola connect to the customer & their needs.
The ideal candidate should have a demonstrated record of excellent analytical rigor, full understanding of quantitative & qualitative methodologies including voice of customer, focus groups & ethnographies & can convey data-driven insights in a clear, actionable & narrative fashion.
- Develop & execute all customer research projects, including monthly NPS satisfaction surveys, brand awareness & positioning research, advertising research & longitudinal tracking
- Develop a robust approach to gathering, analyzing, & synthesizing insights
- Generate dashboards/reports that provide actionable insights & identify growth opportunities
- Help create a customer segmentation framework based on CLTV & attitudinal factors, & help Marketing team optimize marketing campaigns against those segments
- Create digestible, rich daily/weekly/monthly reports on key metrics for leadership & the broader team
- 3+ years of direct experience in marketing research, customer analytics
- Minimum Bachelors degree in marketing, psychology, sociology or research preferred (advanced degree a plus)
- Knowledgeable with various survey & research methodologies & best practices
- Strong experience translating business needs into in questionnaire/discussion guide development
- Can turn insights into action
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal & through PPT / Excel
- Solid team player who can collaborate cross-functionally as well as with outside vendors
- Great attention to detail
- Naturally intellectually curious with an overall eagerness to learn in a fast-paced startup environment
Please address all cover letters to Kathleen DeTurris on our talent team. Any applications without a cover letter will be incomplete & therefore not considered.
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning & registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding & decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools & technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites & mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, & Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.