KATERRA exists to help transform construction through technology - every process & every product.
We provided end-to-end building services, creating new efficiencies between design, engineering, construction, project management, & more. Our integrated teams apply the principles of technology & manufacturing to the building industry, bringing fresh minds & innovative approaches to remove unnecessary time & costs from construction projects.
At KATERRA, we lead from every seat. Our ideal team members are self-starters that embrace ambiguity, think big, & bring their own uncompromising standards of excellence.
One of KATERRA's cultural principles is Diversity.We believe different backgrounds, ideas, & skillsets result in better outcomes.KATERRA does not discriminate in employment based on race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. KATERRA encourages people of all backgrounds to apply, including people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, LGBTQIA, people with disabilities, veterans & those with diverse life experiences
Senior Software Cloud Engineer
In this role, the Senior Software Engineer will be working on a software platform designed to provide teams with persistent, trusted data & support, for better, faster, & more coordinated execution of building projects. These applications are focused on strengthening site selection & analysis, streamlined material selection, & end-to-end construction management. The ideal candidate for this role is versatile, displays leadership qualities, works horizontally across our organization, & is enthusiastic to tackle new problems as we continue to push the building industry forward.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing & implementing enterprise infrastructure, platforms, & end user applications for cloud computing environments.
- Analyze system requirements & ensure that systems are securely integrated with current applications.
- Contribute to moderately complex aspects of a project working independently & collaboratively with the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science is required.
- 4-7 years of experience with system development in cloud environments, including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), or Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- 5+ years of experience in architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications; having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.
- 3+ years of experience in building cloud applications.
- Hands-on experience with AWS, Angular, React, Node, Java, REST, & Go.
- Deep understanding of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, & emerging computing trends.
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts, & ensuring follow through.
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, where & when needed, to do whats right for the customer & for the organization.
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to connect technology with measurable business value.
- Demonstrated technical thought leadership in customer facing situations.
- Demonstrated ability to deploy workloads on public cloud.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that KATERRA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, KATERRA will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, KATERRA explicitly reserves the right to pursue & hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of KATERRA.