Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about maximizing the performance of cross-functional teams through high-impact tools & processes.
We are looking for a highly qualified Program Manager who will lead the execution of tooling & process initiatives that help the Finance & Operations organization scale. This role plays a key part in building a world class Finance & Operations organization that supports company initiatives & goals as well as provides insights through reporting that is accurate, reliable & timely. The role is a good fit for someone with a background in consulting, or someone who is process-oriented, loves driving change within an organization, & thrives in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will partner with many functions in the company so clear, consistent & concise communication are going to be table stakes for success. You will also be a proactive collaborator at all times while driving consensus where needed & influencing decisions when teams are stuck. You will also have a strong understanding of financial systems in order to engage with the Finance organization. In joining our team, you'll enjoy a competitive salary, great benefits, a creative & comfortable work environment, & the exciting opportunity to be part of a fast-paced & growing technology company.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Own the execution & success of key Finance & Operations systems & process initiatives
- Lead project & change management efforts when rolling out cross-functional processes or tools
- Establish, define, & track against Finance-specific program goals & KPIs ensuring alignment & coordination
- Drive internal process improvements across the Finance & Operations organization including defining & implementing better processes to provide financial insights in a way that is accurate, reliable, & timely
- Identify & develop solutions to impediments or bottlenecks that pose a risk to the program success & communicate any trade-offs that may result from these solutions
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement throughout the Finance & Operations organization
- Evangelize process & project management best practices across the Finance & Operations organization
What Well Expect From You:
- A track record of successfully executing on cross-functional initiatives including assembly of project plans, securing commitments on deliverables, & leading the resolution of blocking issues
- Ability to influence & work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist
- Experience rolling out new processes through automation, including internal controls
- Demonstrated ability to drive systems implementation projects
- Proven ability to drive results in a high-growth, rapid change environment with flexibility & willingness to adapt & change
- Ability to clearly communicate progress, change, & status updates verbally, in writing, or in a presentation
- Keen attention to detail with the ability to organize, prioritize & act upon multiple work streams simultaneously
- Demonstrate a foundational understanding of business process / accounting workflows
- Bonus capability: ERP implementation experience
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our Finance team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!