Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Manager of Learning & Performance Management to join our Learning & Development team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
You'll help Oscar create a strategic approach to performance management that matches the maturity of our organization & is set up to grow as we do into the next 3-5 years. You will work with diverse partners to create programs that allow our employees to have greater transparency into the processes of pay, calibration & where they stand concerning their performance. You will identify & coach high & low performers & ensure a pay for performance culture is maintained.
You will report into the Associate Director or Talent Development.
- Oversee our performance management strategy while aligning to the broader talent strategy team goals
- Manage a project team to guide end-to-end performance cycle processes year round, across geographies, engaging diverse partners around shared goals
- Work with talent development, people strategy, & business leaders to understand challenges in their departments & develop plans to address them
- Create a calibration & succession planning strategy including creating resources, job aids & programs to support these programs
- Create a goal setting strategy & create resources, job aids & programs to support this initiative
- Work with partners to revise the companys role expectations at Director+
- You have 8+ years of consulting or internal learning & Development experience where you have participated in or advised on calibration & succession planning activities
- You have 5+ years of experience with management of performance processes
- You have 3+ years experience in a role focused on Manager Capability
- You have experience taking localized content & building it into a scalable, global set of offerings
- You can make connections across multiple work-streams & contribute where appropriate
- You are comfortable working with all levels of seniority, including executives
- You are to rally people around a shared goal, project plan
- You have experience measuring impact of performance management programs
- You are innovative & passionate about performance management
Life at Oscar
Our more than 1,000 employees aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all. We apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by your unique background & perspectives.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.