Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
The Mailchimp internship program started in 2013. In the past 7 years, weve had the privilege of bringing in some of the brightest, most talented college students from around the country to spend time with our teams. Our 12 week intern program was designed so that interns can grow their skill set, thrive in the Mailchimp community, & do meaningful work. They also have a lot of fun along the way! All currently enrolled students are eligible to apply for the internship program.
Start Date: May 18th or June 8th
Mailchimps team of Support Product Analysts helps solve problems quickly & efficiently for our customers & our developers. We are embedded into distinct cross functional product teams, & serve as the voice of our customers using customer data to drive product strategy & ensure a positive user experience. We provide product & the rest of the organization with analytics to bring insights on customer satisfaction with each piece of the product, understand trends, optimize ROI, minimize user attrition, & strategize next steps. We also work with the support teams to provide them with key information about upcoming releases & manage the release cycle to ensure the support organization has the information & tools they need to provide the customer with an optimal experience.
We are looking for a candidate who is curious & interested in research & is looking to challenge themselves by working in a heavily cross-functional, fast-paced environment. You should be a highly organized & creative problem solver with excellent verbal & written communication skills whos able to juggle a number of tasks at once. You should also have a solid working knowledge of the Mailchimp application.You will ideally have experience in project management guiding teams to achieve their goals on schedule (think about some of the class projects you took the lead on). In addition, the candidate must have strong reasoning skills, great verbal/written communication skills & strong willingness to learn & create. Hands-on experience managing big data from multiple entry points is also a plus.
What youll do:
- Work collaboratively across teams throughout the company to conduct research on existing features & upcoming product efforts using both qualitative & quantitative data, create new frameworks to collect & analyze the data pulled by the Support Data team for us
- Research, identify trends, glean insights, & acquire & organize feedback on product performance & customer satisfaction across the application
- Build reports & dashboards to track bugs, improvements, & feature requests. Using qualitative & quantitative data, assist with the creation & presentation of reports on product performance, including recommendations for how to focus our efforts moving forward.
- Lead regular meetings with Product & Development leadership to discuss Top Issues & Trends
- Understand & communicate downstream impact of new feature releases, attend product team meetings to be the voice of Support & User
- Create Product, Release & Troubleshooting content for Support teams, giving them full working knowledge of improvements & new features, thus empowering them to help users confidently & holistically
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong working knowledge of Mailchimps products
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Formal education in research methodologies
- Experience analyzing qualitative & quantitative data & recognizing trends
- Able to stay focused on the overall problem or goal vs. a particular solution
- General understanding of troubleshooting technical systems
- Demonstrated effective communication across cross-functional teams & ability to build & maintain professional relationships/networks
- Experience with project management software is a plus
- Comfortable with presenting to small teams is a plus
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional people skills
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed.
We love our hometown & support sustainable urban renewal. Our headquarters is in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Atlanta Beltline. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.