Do you like data? Do you like food? Are you interested in making things work? At Plated, the Data Science guild is at the epicenter in driving data utilization. We use data visualization, statistical analysis, predictive analytics & machine learning to solve business problems & drive efficiency through the organization. Our mission is to delight customers through the use of data. This is where you fit in.
We are seeking a talented engineer to help bring our concepts from problem to business solution through creating data pipelines, developing a robust architecture, building machine learning tooling & production processes & enabling a data driven culture. Your goal will be to bring new & different ideas about making the implementation of data science easy & efficient!
What Youll be Doing:
- Build automated data pipelines for data scientists, analysts & business partners.
- Develop APIs & integrations between data science product & other Plated platforms partnering with our engineering team.
- Perform impact analysis of table structures & effects for our evolving infrastructure & minimize rework when things have to change.
- Coach analysts, data scientists & engineers on efficient coding practices.
- Evaluate new tools & software packages to drive efficiency & stability.
- Own the architecture with an eye toward efficiency, stability & scalability.
- Develop standard processes related to the data science workflow.
- Promote a data driven culture & bring new ideas.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Bachelors degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, or equivalent combination of education & experience.
- 5+ Years work experience
- Minimum of 3 years working with data technologies (BI or data science)
- Strong technical skills to include SQL, R, Python, Java, Tableau Software or other business intelligence tool, web analytics
- Experience working in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience working on & leading teams
- Experienced with mentoring colleagues
- Experience maintaining data infrastructure or scalable applications
- Experience translating, productionizing & integrating machine learning algorithms
- Understands data warehouse & application design, development, testing, & deployment
- Knowledge of best practices for SDLC, source control, & testing
- Strong technical leader, but willing to roll up sleeves & develop
- Ability to translate tech-speak into something people understand.
Working at Plated:
Plated brings together exceptional food, unparalleled creativity, & innovative technology to redefine the dinner experience. Our team is solving big-picture problems in a collaborative, data-driven environment weve built togetherand were looking for the best people to join us.
Our benefits & perks (expanding all the time!):
- The best part: a free weekly Plated box!
- Flexible PTO with a "get your work done" policy that respects your time
- Competitive compensation
- Customizable medical, vision, & dental plans & a 401(k) plan
- Annual education stipend for your career development
- Newly renovated office in Chelsea, Manhattan with an open floor plan, beautiful demo kitchens, & adorable office dogs.
- Daily breakfast, afternoon snacks, & Test Kitchen samples
- Company events, cultural clubs, & food-related activities
Plated is an Equal Opportunity Employer.