At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics & machine learning. Retailers & companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
Our Engineering team is a brilliant cultivator of technology powering our world class platform & SaaS spanning everything from Catalog, Orders & Fulfillment, & Personalization. Being part of Boxeds Engineering team means youll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product managers, designers, & data scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies & were excited to welcome engineers who are ready for a challenge & know how to think outside the box!
The DevOps team values an always-learning approach to technology. We want people who already know they dont know it all & who are willing to work closely & honestly with team members to collectively & objectively find the best solutions to problems. Technological humility - the desire to build whats correct over being the person whos correct - is a trait we value highly.
As a DevOps Engineer, youll be helping to scale out & improve our large & growing GCP infrastructure & helping us manage our applications running in Docker & Kubernetes. Most of the software we run is Node.js, with a heavy reliance on MongoDB. Python, Go, & Java, which are also utilized for various services, as are several other data stores, including Redis, Postgres, Snowflake, & Elasticsearch.
**Our ideal candidate will have a background in Software Engineering and/or proficiency with 'writing' code.**
- Work collaboratively with the team to build out & improve our large & growing GCP infrastructure
- Improve & optimize our cloud infrastructure with Terraform
- Help automate & streamline our operations
- Troubleshoot & resolve issues in our dev, staging & production environments
- Support Software Engineers with building, testing, & deploying their applications
- Be on an on-call rotation with the rest of the Engineering team
- Be a critical part of not just the technology team but to the company as an excellent problem solver.
- Good programming skills - must have some proficiency writing code
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with GCP components & pitfalls (AWS or Azure also acceptable)
- Experience with an IaaC tool (Terraform)
- Experience with a CI/CD tool such as Jenkins
- Experience writing Dockerfiles for apps in multiple languages
- Experience writing scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Disaster recovery experience, especially if self-inflicted
- Experience with MongoDB performance analysis, debugging, and/or data modeling
- Familiarity with cloud networking - Firewalls, NAT, VPN, network peering
- Experience running Node.js apps under load
- Ability to debug system problems like running out of memory, inodes, or ephemeral ports
- Knowledge of distributed systems (formal theory or learned firsthand)
- Experience using a Log Aggregation Platform.
- As needed, assist with the implementation, compliance, & maintenance of Sarbanes Oxley & internal control over financial reporting requirements.
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.