At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
In this role, were looking for a great leader who can head up our growing Product Marketing function at TpT.
Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT) is looking for a passionate, experienced Product Marketing Manager lead to join our team. Reporting to the Head of Product, the Head of Product Marketing will be responsible for leading our product marketing (PMM) function first by developing a point of view on how to best structure responsibilities across various internal teams & then by growing a PMM team over time. Your mandate will be to deliver exceptional product experiences to help empower educators teach at their best.
As our team lead, you'll help define & establish best practices for product marketing at TpT. Youll also ensure that for each product launch, we have a well-founded & tightly coordinated go-to-market strategy (GTM) in place. Youll be a strategic consultant, player-coach, marketing visionary, & team leader. Youll work with product management, engineering, community, marketplace integrity, customer experience, & more. You will improve the way we bring products to market at TpT.
- Manage a team of Product Marketing Managers & help grow the function
- Partner with Product, Engineering, Design, & Marketing & Communications to establish PMM best practices
- Develop GTM launch templates for both buyer & seller launches
- Ensure that each product team is supported with a successful GTM strategy
- Oversee development of value propositions, product positioning, & feature naming
- Ensure marketing program strategy & tactics support our brand & business goals
- Craft thoughtful communication plans for internal & external partners
- Manage cross-functional implementation of product marketing plans
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Proven expertise & leadership in Product Marketing
- Ability to set process, coach others, & build relationships across teams
- Demonstrated success in crafting compelling value propositions
- Proven history of creating effective marketing programs that drive growth
- Comfortable working in a rapidly evolving environment
- Believes in our mission to empower educators
- BA/BS in business or marketing/communications preferred
- 6+ years of product marketing experience
- 2+ years of managing a team of Product Marketing Managers
- Has built a PMM function
- Experience in education or at an e-commerce company
- Worked as a product marketer at both a large company & small startup
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mothers Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.