Harrys is looking for a Temporary Email Developer to cover a Parental Leave. This temporary role will last approximately four to five months. This role will own the development & QA of personalized emails & construct a library of reusable assets to create process efficiencies in how we build emails.
TheEmail Marketing Team @ Harrys
Email Marketing is a small nimble team that strives to create a compelling customer journey that improves the experience for our customers. With our many cross-functional partners, we ideate around customer needs, test customer experiences, measure results, & iterate with the motivation to improve always. We currently support email for the US, Canada, & the UK.
You are an email developer who has an appetite for understanding & incorporating industry best practices into emails. You are able to translate design to code while instilling industry best practices to ensure a positive customer touchpoint via proper rendering across all clients. You should be extremely detail oriented & a technical problem-solver. You should be comfortable working in a detail-oriented environment to support several stakeholders by juggling multiple projects with various timelines. You are a process & efficiency aficionado & are excited about building for the long-term.
- Own development of all emails (one-off, lifecycle, & transactional) in our CRM platform (Braze) & partner with designers to translate mocks from Sketch into responsive emails that render properly across supported clients & devices.
- Develop & maintain reusable email assets & templates via an HTML builder (e.g. Stripo) to create a library for future use.
- Leverage templating languages to build out robust scalable email templates that incorporate personalization
- Work with engineering teams to clearly document & incorporate merge tags/variables to support personalization
- Manage the QA process for emails & use Litmus & live testing to ensure proper rendering
- Maintain email code to ensure all our emails are always up-to-date with creative changes, our customer database & industry standards.
- Comfortable exporting & optimizing assets.
- 3+ years of experience hand-coding email from scratch using HTML & CSS
- Proficiency with templating languages to implement dynamic content in email & Github for documentation
- Knowledge of typical email-rendering bugs & workarounds with experience testing & troubleshooting across multiple browsers, email clients & devices (with Litmus or similar QA program) to ensure consistent renderings
- Strong understanding of email development best practices & proper coding techniques
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills with the ability to clearly convey technical information & project statuses
- Experience working within an ESP/CRM platform
- Appreciate the balance of creative & technical problem-solving thats inherent in email development
- Experience with Braze (or major ESP)
- Proficiency with Sketch
- Experience working in a fast-paced e-commerce environment
- Experience building out a repository of coded email assets
- Experience with SASS is great, but not required
- Bonus points: Knowledgeable in liquid logic
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.